+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bowp - paper or online - (Can I apply online ??? )

tarikelmallah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Need advice from anyone done with BOWP (Bridging open work permit),
I called the CIC call centre but they told me weird thing, they told me that BOWP can only sent using mail, not online.
And they said that "you must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta."

my question is , are there anyone done the Bowp online before??? please advise.

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
You can definitely apply for the BOWP online. What they probably meant was that when you get the approved work permit, they can only send the work permit by mail, not email.

tarikelmallah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
sonnenstern said:
You can definitely apply for the BOWP online. What they probably meant was that when you get the approved work permit, they can only send the work permit by mail, not email.
Thank you @sonnenstern , could I ask you if you done it online before, or know someone how did?

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I applied online for BOWP and I think the majority of people do because it's more convenient than the paper application. And it was approved too. And then the work permit arrived by mail ;)

tarikelmallah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
sonnenstern said:
I applied online for BOWP and I think the majority of people do because it's more convenient than the paper application. And it was approved too. And then the work permit arrived by mail ;)
Thank you @sonnenstern :)

JasonU

Dec 13, 2015
Hi guys,

I am having trouble uploading PDF files online.
My PDF files are about 600 kb and I filled out every required part and has validated the form.
I currently use Windows 10.

Anyone can advise?