+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP OR LMO?

caylin

Feb 11, 2014
Hi there,

My Skilled work experience:

1. Full time(34 hr/week)-starting from June 11 2013-present (including 5 weeks vacation(1week paid +4week unpaid))
2. Part time(16hr/week) -starting from sept 2013-present(including 5 weeks vacation(5week unpaid))

QUESTION.1 When should I eligible to apply under CEC Class? Does my vacation period count in the 1 year work expererience?can I apply before june10/2014?

QUESTION.2 my post graduate work permit will expire in August 10/2014...whats the best option for extending my work permit ?Should I wait for my AOR ,then apply for open work permit or look forward for LMO?

question 3 Do I have any options other then CEC? I live in BC,and I got refusal in bc pnp...

Thank you ,and look forward for your suggestion..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
caylin said:
QUESTION.1 When should I eligible to apply under CEC Class?
After you complete 52 weeks of full-time employment (or the equivalent in part-time hours, which means working more than 1 year).

Does my vacation period count in the 1 year work expererience?
If it is paid vacation, then it counts as employment. If it is not paid, then it does not.

can I apply before june10/2014?
No. If you apply before June 10, you will have less than 52 weeks and will not qualify. The fact that you have a 2nd part time job does not change the fact that you have to work a full year.

QUESTION.2 my post graduate work permit will expire in August 10/2014...whats the best option for extending my work permit ?Should I wait for my AOR ,then apply for open work permit or look forward for LMO?

If you apply mid- to late June, you would be cutting it close for the AOR, assuming you don't make some error and get the application returned to you (that happens a lot). My suggestion would be to ask your (full-time) employer to apply for an LMO - because you are currently on a PGWP, it is easier to get an LMO, because the employer does not have to demonstrate recruitment efforts.

See the section on "Advertisement" here - better yet, give it to your employer.
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/students/index.shtml

question 3 Do I have any options other then CEC? I live in BC,and I got refusal in bc pnp...
Not enough information.

caylin

Feb 11, 2014
Thank you,jes_ON for your reply :)

If I will get LMO ,and then I will change employer or employer terminate me ...can I apply for BWOP under CEC file?

Thanks!