+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP instead of extended permit under public policy

simpleduck

Jul 16, 2020
Hi all,

I applied to extend my PGWP last month with a LOE that clearly stated I applied under the new policy for 18 months and got approved. However, when I received the print permit, it’s only 12 months and remarks were TR status maintained as per R183(6), and Pending APR. I am eligible for a BOWP too cause I applied for PR Sep 18 2020.

Anyone has the same problem, and how did you resolve this? I’ll lose 6 months of status and idk if this is what it is or can be fixed?
Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all,

I applied to extend my PGWP last month with a LOE that clearly stated I applied under the new policy for 18 months and got approved. However, when I received the print permit, it’s only 12 months and remarks were TR status maintained as per R183(6), and Pending APR. I am eligible for a BOWP too cause I applied for PR Sep 18 2020.

Anyone has the same problem, and how did you resolve this? I’ll lose 6 months of status and idk if this is what it is or can be fixed?
Thanks!
How long is your passport valid till ? When was your work permit issued and when you applied?