+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - HOW TO CONTINUE WORKING UNDER IMPLIED STATUS?

ak0023

Apr 7, 2016

If you work permit expires, and you are waiting for BOWP and EE decision, how do you continue working under Implied Status when your SIN also expires with your work permit? I do not get this. Is it like working under the table? Or do you continue working legally? If the later, how do you get paid. I am completely confused in this regard? please help. People who have been or are in the similar situation please advice. PLEASE HELP.
Thank-you.

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
Please check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
ak0023 said:

If you work permit expires, and you are waiting for BOWP and EE decision, how do you continue working under Implied Status when your SIN also expires with your work permit? I do not get this. Is it like working under the table? Or do you continue working legally? If the later, how do you get paid. I am completely confused in this regard? please help. People who have been or are in the similar situation please advice. PLEASE HELP.
Thank-you.
Hi! I worked under implied status when I transitioned from a study permit to a post graduate work permit. My SIN number expired, but my employers could continue paying me using the expired SIN. It is perfectly legal if you are under implied status.

ak0023

Apr 7, 2016
Appreciate your input, but can you apply for BOWP when you are in canada and then go outside canada and come back before your visa expires assuming it is a 15 day period that you are outside the country. Is this possible? Because I want to apply for BOWP before leaving to visit my family in my country given its processing time (3-4 months). So, that by the time I come back, I can say I have already applied for my BOWP at the POE. Please help.

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak0023 said:

Thank-you.
Revenue Canada has no problem taking your money even with an expired SIN :p

ak0023

Apr 7, 2016
Thats crazy? Has anyone travelled outside canada after applying for BOWP while waiting for your PR decision? Your valuable inputs are appreciated.