+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
marsh08 said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied for BOWP on Feb 05, 2017 after receiving my AOR on January 25, 2017 the date when I submitted my PR application through Express Entry.

I just noticed a few days ago my BOWP application status changed to On Hold I am not sure what exactly this means. Does this mean they are waiting for the R10 review check to be completed on my PR application before they can make a decision on my BOWP. I am tensed as my Post graduation open work permit expires soon on April 11, 2017.

Any advise/help is greatly appreciated.
Yes, they are waiting for R10 completeness check. You don't have to worry about your work permit's expiry date either. Since you applied for extension, you will be under implied status if your current work permit expires. It means, you can stay and work with your PGWP until a decision will be made on your BOWP application.

senecanking

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hello,

I applied for PR under CEC and applying for BOWP. Please someone help with following questions.

For this Q: Which Situation best describes your work situation

what answer should we choose?

No options applied to me. If I choose "None of Above". It prompts me that I cannot apply.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

lovethysid

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
marsh08 said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied for BOWP on Feb 05, 2017 after receiving my AOR on January 25, 2017 the date when I submitted my PR application through Express Entry.

I just noticed a few days ago my BOWP application status changed to On Hold I am not sure what exactly this means. Does this mean they are waiting for the R10 review check to be completed on my PR application before they can make a decision on my BOWP. I am tensed as my Post graduation open work permit expires soon on April 11, 2017.

Any advise/help is greatly appreciated.
This is good news. That means they are just waiting for your R10 to complete before they can process your BOWP application.. If your Work Permit expires on 10th April you can carry on with your job on "implied status" .

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi there,

I'm an international graduate (graduated from Canadian university) I have two years of work experience (one job and one company within Canada) my occupation falls under NOC-0 when I calculated my score for Express Entry I'm getting like 465 but my IELTS over all band score is 6.0 (Listening 6.0 Speaking 6.5 Writing 6.5 and Reading 4.5)

As of March first week draw, the minimum score for invitation was 434, Is that okay that if I register for express entry with the above IELTS score?

I'm sure that I'll get an invitation if I register for it, but I'm worrying about the IELTS score. According to CIC, IELTS score must be 6.0 in all four components for NOC 0.

Please someone suggest me on this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Beemps

Feb 15, 2017
Thank you and +1 to everyone to replied to my previous post. I have submitted my eAPR and immediately got an AOR, now I want to apply for BOWP. Here are some of my responses to the "Find out if you're eligible to apply" checklist:
what would you like to do in Canada? - work
how long are you planning to stay in Canada? temporarily more than 6 months
current immigration status - student
do you plan to work on campus - no
are you a full time student and want to work off campus up to 20 hours per week - no
have you recently graduated for which your study program was full time and minimum of eight months - yes (I'm not sure about that though, I was thinking no since I graduated in 2012)
is work an essential part of your studies - no
have you been told by IRCC that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada - yes (is this supposed to be no since I only got AOR and not the R10 competencies)
have you submitted permanent residence application in Canada - yes
do you have a written job offer - yes (I'm still with the company I work with before my PGWP expired)
do you also want to apply for study permit - no
have you had a medical examination performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician in the last 12 months - yes

Based on the results, I had 3 options :-
1) Work permit in Canada - you may be eligible to extend your stay in Canada to work with a work permit
2) PGWP - which I can no longer apply for
3) Open work permit - you may be eligible to work in Canada with an open work permit

I choose options 1 or 3 and the documents required were:
IMM 5710 - apllication to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada
Passport
Digital photo
Proof of medical examination

My AOR and job offer letter were not requested for. Do I go ahead with this application? Also on the IMM 5710 form, when asked which of the following options am I applying for -
a work permit with the same employer
an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
restoration of status as a worker
temporary resident permit

which of these four options should I choose?

I know I have a long explanation but please y'all I need your help *begging* My status expires March 31st
Thank you

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
lovethysid said:
This is good news. That means they are just waiting for your R10 to complete before they can process your BOWP application.. If your Work Permit expires on 10th April you can carry on with your job on "implied status" .
Good Morning,
it is clearly stated on the website that you can continue to work if you have applied for an extension of status (even though the work permit expires), but my question is how do you renew your SIN if your work permit has expired??

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
hasankhan27 said:
Good Morning,
it is clearly stated on the website that you can continue to work if you have applied for an extension of status (even though the work permit expires), but my question is how do you renew your SIN if your work permit has expired??
You have to wait until you have your new permit in hand before you can renew your SIN.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
hasankhan27 said:
Good Morning,
Your sin can't be renewed until the new work permit arrives. However, you still can use it and work with it.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
adaytoremember said:
You have to wait until you have your new permit in hand before you can renew your SIN.
But how would my company pay me if I dont have a SIN in that interim period?

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
neorol said:
Your sin can't be renewed until the new work permit arrives. However, you still can use it and work with it.
Same question. But how would my company pay me if I dont have a SIN in that interim period?

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
You'll probably need to show them proof that you are legally allowed to keep working (you've applied for a BOWP, show them the law regarding implied status), that's what I had to do. It really isn't a problem, the only sticky situation is if you're trying to change jobs while on implied status.

HLONDONH

Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am expecting to receive ITA in the next round of invitation. I was really hoping it would be yesterday, but unfortunately the draw never happened. Since my PGWP will expire this Sunday, there isn't a way for me to apply BOWP, right? I was hoping to send a paper application for BOWP to CIC before my work permit expires so that I can work under implied status. I was thinking by the time a VO looks at my paper application, my PR would've been already submitted. However, it is my understanding that at the time of applying BOWP, I would've already had an AOR. So even if I submit a paper application, wouldn't I even stand a chance?

Thank you in advance for all your opinion.

HLONDONH

Mar 15, 2017
JamesMM said:
Received my second BOWP today. Applied for bowp on Feb 7th. AOR Jan 31st

Congrats! How long did it take you to receive AOR after you submitted your pr application? Thanks!

JamesMM

Mar 13, 2017
HLONDONH said:
Congrats! How long did it take you to receive AOR after you submitted your pr application? Thanks!
It can take up to a day but my aor came in after about 2 hours.

And sorry to hear about your situation. I wish I could give you some advice on your situation but I don't know the rules that well.