+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
medabor said:
anyboy else ever got an email saying mycic was updated and found nothing ??
Yes, happens all the time :) Don't worry about that, give it a couple of days and you should get it approved.
This happened to me and also many other applicants, seems to be a glitch in the system.

Raj85

Mar 3, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with package
Med's Request
21-Mar-2014
Med's Done....
27-Mar-2014
Yesterday i got the mail and then when i checked the portal for my bowp application.
There was nothing. :mad:

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Raj85 said:
Yesterday i got the mail and then when i checked the portal for my bowp application.
There was nothing. :mad:
Yes, as already stated by myself and other members, this happens a lot lately and seems to be a glitch in the
MyCIC system. Check your MyCIC account for changes on a regular basis and disregard the emails.

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Yes, happens all the time :) Don't worry about that, give it a couple of days and you should get it approved.
This happened to me and also many other applicants, seems to be a glitch in the system.
Toby I guess I should build a mailing list and get you to subscribe to receive my " Thank yous" continuously ;)

vivekrb

Jul 28, 2010
Has anyone processed their TRV after receiving the BWOP? Can someone indicate how they applied - paper vs. online and how long it took them?

I got my BWOP and now trying to figure out how to apply for the TRV. Also, I have to think about timing - as my PR application was submitted in Sept and Sept applicants are now receiving the MRs. So I don't want to be stuck without my passport when I get the MR requests.

V

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I apllied online for TRV two days ago. I learnt from other members who applied online and received TRV that it took 6 to 10days for this process.

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hello guys,

I really need someone to help me (second post on same topic), I tried doing my BOWP application online. For some reason it kept telling me that my transaction was not approved even though I know that I have money on cc and my cc info is correct. I called CIC and was put through to the electronic department, I was told my the CIC rep that I cannot apply for BOWP online and that is why my transaction is not going forward. Even though I told him that I know people who applied online and had no problems, he INSISTED that this was the reason. I am so facking confused/upset/angry....I do not want to go the paper route if I can do it online. I really need an urgent response.

Thank you

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
It is a simple process. Unable to understand why you are facing this issue. Why don't you take answer the online questionnaire again and create a new checklist and try. There is no harm.

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Hi Naija

Did you check with your bank about this transaction which was failed? Was it the first time you used your credit card online? Just try it out, you should be ok. If nothing work out, try to pay with any one of your friend's CC.

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
theboss said:
Hi Naija

Did you check with your bank about this transaction which was failed? Was it the first time you used your credit card online? Just try it out, you should be ok. If nothing work out, try to pay with any one of your friend's CC.
check your name and address is match with credit card account

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
rajjj said:
check your name and address is match with credit card account
I m also going to apply bowp

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
theboss said:
Hi Naija

Thanks for your reply. That was exactly the issue

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
naijabelle said:
Hello guys,

I really need someone to help me (second post on same topic), I tried doing my BOWP application online. For some reason it kept telling me that my transaction was not approved even though I know that I have money on cc and my cc info is correct. I called CIC and was put through to the electronic department, I was told my the CIC rep that I cannot apply for BOWP online and that is why my transaction is not going forward. Even though I told him that I know people who applied online and had no problems, he INSISTED that this was the reason. I am so facking confused/upset/angry....I do not want to go the paper route if I can do it online. I really need an urgent response.

Thank you
I had the same issue, in my case my bank had an old address on file and some weird address verification was not successful during the process.
After changing the address to my current address the payment went thru.