+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
Hey Guys,
anyone any update on Nov 22nd +/- application for BOWP???

gururam

Dec 5, 2013
I applied on Dec 1st. In online, it is mentioned "closed" for Application Status. Does it mean BOWP got approved?. How Work Permit shipped to home?.

rose08

Nov 10, 2013
gururam said:
I applied on Dec 1st. In online, it is mentioned "closed" for Application Status. Does it mean BOWP got approved?. How Work Permit shipped to home?.
when you click the view message option, you'll see the status of your application whether it is approve or not. "closed" could mean the application was approved or denied. Hardcopy of WP is mailed to you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
gururam said:
I applied Dec 1st as well. No change on my application so far. That's weird.
Guess you're lucky to get it approved in only 7 days.

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Yea, it goes through regular canada post. It took mine almost a couple of weeks to come through due to living on the west coast.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
TheAwesomeMatt said:
Yea, it goes through regular canada post. It took mine almost a couple of weeks to come through due to living on the west coast.
That's not was I was hoping to hear. Living on the west coast as well, and I'm expecting my BOWP to be approved
around Dec 20th and was hoping to travel with in Dec 27th.

gururam

Dec 5, 2013
can one of you help me on TRV?. I will be getting the Open Work Permit for me and for my spouse. I started the online application for TRV. At the end, the place where we need to upload the documents, it is asking for IM5257 for me but for my wife, it is asking to upload IMM5710. I am bit confused. For TRV, I think it should ask for IMM5257 for both.

upwardspiral

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
I submitted my BOWP today and after paying with my credit card, the fee receipt showed up as just text (kinda like when a webpage doesn't load properly) and nothing after that.
Did it happen to anyone else? Was that all there was too submitting the application fee? Did you have to print and fill out the form and submit it like with the CEC application? The receipt page I got wasn't even in tables and unformatted.

jorepax

Dec 10, 2013
hello!I just submitted my BOWP application online,I'm just a little worried because they did not ask me to upload my AOR or file number..Is this normal?please help..

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jorepax said:
hello!I just submitted my BOWP application online,I'm just a little worried because they did not ask me to upload my AOR or file number..Is this normal?please help..
Yes, that's normal. They only need your UCI to look up the AOR issued on that UCI.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I got a new Bridging Open Work Permit on mid Nov 2013 for one year (i.e. expiring Nov 2014). I went to Service ontario to renew my heath card based on this NEW work permit end of Nov .
FYI- I had a closed work permit expiring mid of Dec 2013 .

I have got this letter dated 1st week of December from Service Ontario related to my health card . Anybody has any idea ?? Did somebody else received this kind of letter ??

"The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is responsible for ensuring that only eligible registrants have access to publicly-funded health services. ServiceOntario is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information recorded in the ministry database under Section 11(2) of the Health Insurance Act.

The document identification recorded by the ministry from your work permit is not the same as the information in Citizenship and Immigration Canada's records.

Please forward a PHOTOCOPY or SCANNED COPY of the front and back of your most recent Canadian immigration document(s), along with this letter, using the enclosed envelope, or the fax number or email address provided below. Please provide a telephone number where you may be reached during the day.

If there has been a legal name change which differs from the name on your immigration document, please send a copy of the legal name change document as well.

This information must be received by Feb XX, 2014 even if you have been issued a new health card, to ensure that there is no unnecessary interruption to your health coverage.

Thank you for working with us to ensure that our records are accurate, thereby protecting the integrity of the Ontario health care system."

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
Hello friends,

How long does it take for you to receive the paper from Vegreville, AB?

It has been 6days since my BOWP was approved but not in my hand yet.
I live in Fort Mcmurray, AB about 4:30 hours away from where the office is.

I confirmed with an agent that they sent out the paper on Dec. 4.
I do need it to start new job...

Please share your timeline with me.

Thank you.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
JLCanada said:
Hello friends,

How long does it take for you to receive the paper from Vegreville, AB?

It has been 6days since my BOWP was approved but not in my hand yet.
I live in Fort Mcmurray, AB about 4:30 hours away from where the office is.

I confirmed with an agent that they sent out the paper on Dec. 4.
I do need it to start new job...

Please share your timeline with me.

Thank you.
Hi JLCanada

I got my hard copy on the 3rd day after BOWP approval email confirmation. I live in Canada and my application is an online application.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
kunishsa said:
Hi JLCanada

I got my hard copy on the 3rd day after BOWP approval email confirmation. I live in Canada and my application is an online application.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa
Thank you for your reply.

Do you live in AB, BC?