+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
you can apply online via E-cas - create a login first on CIC and continue to access services accordingly

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
I have not done but if doesn't show up use this trick...whenever you have to show your contract, or current work permit etc, usually scanned, add to the same file the scanned AOR and an explanatory letter mentioning that you are applying to BOWP now that you have your AOR. Whenever the officer open the work permit file, he/she will see the letter and the AOR and voila!

yash9900

Jul 8, 2013
Hi there

Could somebody please let me know when you filling BOWP , what do I have to write for working condition in my job letter ??

star2013

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
17 Feb 2013
Med's Request
18 Oct 2013
Med's Done....
22 Oct 2013(cic received on 31 oct)
Passport Req..
4 nov 2013
Any one got the BOWP This week?? I applied June 9 . Still Waiting. Does CIC Send any Email. upon approval?
Thanks.

henrylam

Star Member
May 21, 2013
I tried to upload the IMM5710 form. But it keeps saying "We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later." Other document are fine. Anybody has experienced it???? Any helps???

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
HI guys I have a quick question...I am filling out BOWP and while filling it out it has a question intended location of employment. Now the thing is I got an offer from a new company and my current WP is expiring as well. I am in a middle of applying BOWP, So I say I am with my current employer..Am I gonna get close WP or Open? Guys please help me.. I really wanna get this JOB...

Any response would be highly appreciated and thanks a ton...:)

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
luckysingh said:
HI guys I have a quick question...I am filling out BOWP and while filling it out it has a question intended location of employment. Now the thing is I got an offer from a new company and my current WP is expiring as well. I am in a middle of applying BOWP, So I say I am with my current employer..Am I gonna get close WP or Open? Guys please help me.. I really wanna get this JOB...

Any response would be highly appreciated and thanks a ton...:)
You don't need to enter any employment information. Most people have left those boxes blank ("N/A - Application for Bridging Open Work Permit").

littlemckay

Sep 28, 2011
henrylam said:
I am stuck. I really could not upload my IMM5710 Application form :(((
Did you validate the form on the PDF? There's the option to validate right at the end of the PDF, if you don't validate it, it won't upload.

henrylam

Star Member
May 21, 2013
If I pressed validate it will be error and sais validated No because I left Q3-7 in blank in Details of intented work in Canada. Is that still ok?

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
henrylam said:
If I pressed validate it will be error and sais validated No because I left Q3-7 in blank in Details of intented work in Canada. Is that still ok?
No it's not okay.. :-S You have to fill those fields. If you are currently employed, put the name of the position and brief job description. If you are not employed, then put the one that you are putting as your primary experience in your immigration application.
Once you have done so, click on the Validate button on the first page. It will generate some bar codes. Don't hurry, take your time and check if you have e'thing correct.

hys17

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
07-06-2013
Applied on June 8th online and my current work permit is expiring next February.

Called CIC today and they told me it was approved on July 8th!
"It might take up to 6 weeks for you to received."
I laughed...

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
hys17 said:
Applied on June 8th online and my current work permit is expiring next February.

Called CIC today and they told me it was approved on July 8th!
"It might take up to 6 weeks for you to received."
I laughed...
wtf...how did they managed to trace your application?...usually by phone the officers don't answer anything like that!...did you give them your UCI number?, your PR file number?

And the 6 weeks stuff...wtf!!!...did they tell you why?....I thought that usually what delays the process the most are the waiting time since your application arrives and the officer has a chance to see it. For my past work permits I can clearly see that my date of issue usually is 1 week before I receive the permit on the mailbox at home....so 6 weeks seems wrong to me....maybe this is the issue that is on stake during the strike....maybe the officers on strike are in charge of printing the permit, put it on an envelope and send it back to your home?

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Upto 6 weeks delivery time is a standard reply. In my case, I received myCIC notification on July 4 and the actual work permit on July 9. Since the WP is mailed from Alberta (in my case atleast) and delivered by Canada post aka snail mail with $0.93 stamp, they want to make sure they are giving plenty of transit time :).
nandoU said:
wtf...how did they managed to trace your application?...usually by phone the officers don't answer anything like that!...did you give them your UCI number?, your PR file number?

And the 6 weeks stuff...wtf!!!...did they tell you why?....I thought that usually what delays the process the most are the waiting time since your application arrives and the officer has a chance to see it. For my past work permits I can clearly see that my date of issue usually is 1 week before I receive the permit on the mailbox at home....so 6 weeks seems wrong to me....maybe this is the issue that is on stake during the strike....maybe the officers on strike are in charge of printing the permit, put it on an envelope and send it back to your home?