+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
Hello all,

I applied my BOWP on Feb 9th, and got a refusal lettery on Mar 27 state that:

"This letter refers to your application for Work Permit.
Your application as requested is refused.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit cannot
be approved as requested without a valid Labour Market Opinion and Confirmation from Human
Resources and Skills Development Canada. Your prospective employer is responsible for
obtaining this confirmation.
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on 6 April 2013. You
may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:
-a completed application form;
-applicable fees for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $150.00 payable at a
financial institution in Canada or online at
-All required documents in support of your application."

I am not sure why I got refused. I am holding a 3yr PGWP which expired Apr 6, 2013. And I sent my CEC application on Oct 15, and received AOR Dec 4. Also for sure I stay in Canada. I think I meet all the requirement. The only thing I can think of is maybe mine is not the right AOR or they thought I am applying the regualr work permit? I am not sure what should I do now? Should I resubmit open work permit with explaintion letter (which I dont first time, but I choose open work permit in the section)? Or should I apply LMO and submit regular work permit? But is it enough time to apply now since my work permit expired on Apr 6, 2013? Or should I apply vistor visa or Restoration of status? Any suggestion? PLEASE HELP ME.

Here is my AOR, can anyone check if that's the right one?

4 December 2012

UCI: ********

*xxxxxxxx*

Application: Exxxxxxxxx

*Exxxxxxxxx*

Dear xxxx xxxx:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in xxx). Your receipt number is xxxxxxx. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your HPM Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals. "

Thanks for helping.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
stanline06 said:
Hello all,

After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit cannot
be approved as requested without a valid Labour Market Opinion and Confirmation from Human
Resources and Skills Development Canada. Your prospective employer is responsible for
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on 6 April 2013. You
may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:
-applicable fees for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $150.00 payable at a

I am not sure why I got refused. I am holding a 3yr PGWP which expired Apr 6, 2013. And I sent my CEC application on Oct 15, and received AOR Dec 4. Also for sure I stay in Canada. I think I meet all the requirement. The only thing I can think of is maybe mine is not the right AOR or they thought I am applying the regualr work permit? I am not sure what should I do now? Should I resubmit open work permit with explaintion letter (which I dont first time, but I choose open work permit in the section)? Or should I apply LMO and submit regular work permit? But is it enough time to apply now since my work permit expired on Apr 6, 2013? Or should I apply vistor visa or Restoration of status? Any suggestion? PLEASE HELP ME.

4 December 2012

*xxxxxxxx*

*Exxxxxxxxx*

Dear xxxx xxxx:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in xxx). Your receipt number is xxxxxxx. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your HPM Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals. "

Thanks for helping.
sorry about that buddy. Did u applied online?? did u enclose an explanation letter indicating that ur applying for BOWP?? This is strange. I havent seen anyone being refused without reasons. U can contact cic by fone and find out what went wrong.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanline06 said:
Hello all,

4 December 2012

*xxxxxxxx*

*Exxxxxxxxx*

Dear xxxx xxxx:

Thanks for helping.
Since you have one more week before your WP expires, apply online once again and attach an explanation letter this time.

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
ujbaby said:
sorry about that buddy. Did u applied online?? did u enclose an explanation letter indicating that ur applying for BOWP?? This is strange. I havent seen anyone being refused without reasons. U can contact cic by fone and find out what went wrong.
Hi Ujbaby,

Yes, I applied online. But I didn't enclose an explanation letter because it showed up Open work permit when I finished the begining questions, I thought they will know that I am applying BOWP. What I am thinking about is they might thought I am just applying the regular work permit. I am using application IMM5710 (should be the right one?), but in the page 3, I chose Open Work permit, also I filled up other information in that page expect LMO NO. Maybe that will confuse the officer? I am not sure.
Also is my AOR is the right AOR? And what's the number that I can call to contact cic?

Thanks for your help!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
stanline06 said:
Hello all,

You are eligible and your conditions are very similar to mine. Did you:

- Select Open Work Permit as the type of work permit you are applying for? This is very very very important. I suspect you might have selected another type of work permit.

- Have any other work permit application (or anything other than CEC) in progress? or got an LMO recently?

As for the next step, as others have recommended, apply for the BOWP online and make sure to:

- Select Open Work Permit
- Do NOT indicate a specific employer
- Include an explanation letter and mention OB 485, your CEC file number and also include a copy of the AOR your received and your currently valid work permit, all in one PDF file in that order.

Do it before your PGWP expires and spend ample amount of time making sure everything is in order. Good luck!

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
yahoo7 said:
Since you have one more week before your WP expires, apply online once again and attach an explanation letter this time.
Thanks for your advice. Is my AOR is the right one? Also what happen if I got reject again? What should I do after? By that time my work perimit will expire for sure.

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
thisisauser said:
You are eligible and your conditions are very similar to mine. Did you:

- Select Open Work Permit as the type of work permit you are applying for? This is very very very important. I suspect you might have selected another type of work permit.

- Have any other work permit application (or anything other than CEC) in progress? or got an LMO recently?

As for the next step, as others have recommended, apply for the BOWP online and make sure to:

- Select Open Work Permit
- Do NOT indicate a specific employer
- Include an explanation letter and mention OB 485, your CEC file number and also include a copy of the AOR your received and your currently valid work permit, all in one PDF file in that order.

Do it before your PGWP expires and spend ample amount of time making sure everything is in order. Good luck!
Hello thisisauser ,

Thanks for your advice. So you have the similar timeline as mine? Have you got your BOWP yet?

I am sure I select open work permit in the application.I applied online, and after a couple questions. I am able to see open work permit, then I chose it then upload my information. But you are right, I filled out all the information about employer on Page 3, that might be the reason that they thought I am applying other work permit?

And I dont have any other application in progress other than CEC, not even LMO.

Also, in my case should I choose a work permit with the same employer in qeustion 3?

Thanks again for your help.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>>stanline06
You must include explaination letter and AOR letter with your application. If you don't include AOR letter then VISA officer will not bother to check your CEC case in process or not.
I applied a few months ago, and got my extension with out any problem.

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
deepocan said:
>>stanline06
You must include explaination letter and AOR letter with your application. If you don't include AOR letter then VISA officer will not bother to check your CEC case in process or not.
Thanks for your advice. :) I think that might be the reason too since I didn't include the explanination letter. Also can you check if my AOR is the same one as you send for work permit. I posted it in my eariler post.

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
deepocan said:
>>stanline06
Hi deepocan,

I was wondering when you received your AOR. would you mind sharing that. I have a feeling that they issue BOWP for those who got the AOR long time ago and have passed the "positive eligibility" after the AOR and before the medicals, which is not officially informed to us of. It is just my guess.

markk308

Mar 21, 2012
Hello,

I just received my BOWP today in the mail. Soooo happy!!! Good for one year.

I applied online on Feb 23rd, received it today, April 3rd. So it took about a month and half. Good luck to the rest of you!

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
markk308 said:
Hello,

I applied online on Feb 23rd, received it today, April 3rd. So it took about a month and half. Good luck to the rest of you!
Congratulations!!!!!
Did you receive any email before?
And did you mention that you were applying for BOWP according to the new bulletin ?
Thanks
Very happy for you

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
markk308 said:
Hello,

Congrats on you. When did you apply for PR and receive your AOR? Thanks

irishgirlTO

Feb 9, 2013
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.

My current IEC open work permit expires on April 10th and I have applied for my Permanent Residence which was received in Sydney on March 11th. I still have not heard back regarding an AOR but reading current processing times from other applicants it seems mine should arrive around April 17th...a week after my visa expires. I am now at a loss as to what to do.

I have been told to apply for the BOWP anyways and attach a cover letter stating I am awaiting the AOR. I know that in the rules, it says you must have AOR but basically I am being told to chance it. What really needs to happen is for me not to lose status before applying for the BOWP. I am wondering if I apply for an extension (without LMO because I don't have one) this would give me implied status correct? Therefore, I could still work while a decision is being made and then when I get the AOR while I'm under implied status, then apply for a BOWP? Would this work? I really want to know what people think or if anyone knows of anybody I could contact that would know how to advise me, I'd appreciate that. Also, could I apply for a visitor visa aswell? The last thing I want is to stay in Canada illegally and so I want to cover all my options.

Thanks.