+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Exactly. The online application system is strange. If you apply via the paper-route, you don't need photo or medical exam. But online, you need digital photo, and if you say you had medical exam, then they ask you to provide proof. If you don't have your receipt, provide an explanation letter and provide your emedical number to them (the number is in your medical requestion form) with related information such as the date you did the exam etc.

badniks said:
I'm not sure medicals are mandatory if you're applying for a spouse - I'm applying for both myself and my common-law spouse and there was no mention of, or request for, any proof of medicals, since we confirmed we wouldn't be working in medical-required fields.

I think it's an additional document that the online application requests if you happen to have had a medical within the last twelve months - in which case, you can upload whichever letters of proof or reference numbers you have to hand from that medical exam.

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
HopesAlive said:
How did you do your medicals? Was it through e-medical enabled physician? If yes, you would have got a letter with UMID which you can attach here on this online application.

I think , the rule is whoever is applying an BOWP for their spouse who has not done the medicals in last 12 months, have to go under medical tests before extending or changing the conditions of stay.

I have uploaded the proof of medicals for my spouse.
My company's Immigration HR & Attorney had informed that a dependent has to complete the medical tests if ithas not been done in last 12 months when we are applying for extension or changing conditions of stay.
Just want to clarify that the above clause would not be applicable to BOWP & other type of applicants.

As we have done medicals & had the proof for the same with us so thought that providing it will only help than harm. So uploaded it in our online application for BOWP for my spouse. Hope this clarifies things & helps.

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Hi all, who applied on line on Aug 5 or 6 and already got BOWP?
because I saw someone applied on Aug 4th and already got it last week.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Some cases might be slightly faster than others. According to the CIC website, they are processing Aug 1 applications as of yesterday. Yours should be ready in the next few days.

bluelagoon019 said:
Hi all, who applied on line on Aug 5 or 6 and already got BOWP?
because I saw someone applied on Aug 4th and already got it last week.

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
Bluelagoon, since it's been over 28 days for you you could call up CIC and ask if there's been any decision. From what I gather, notifications can come a day or so later than when the decision is made. It's unlikely they've gotten to yours yet, but you might get lucky!

I'm in the same boat, so don't worry - I applied on the 8th, so they should be getting around to our batch soon. I hope they do! My current permit expires on Wednesday, and I'd really like it to come through before then for peace of mind!

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
badniks said:
Bluelagoon, since it's been over 28 days for you you could call up CIC and ask if there's been any decision. From what I gather, notifications can come a day or so later than when the decision is made. It's unlikely they've gotten to yours yet, but you might get lucky!

I'm in the same boat, so don't worry - I applied on the 8th, so they should be getting around to our batch soon. I hope they do! My current permit expires on Wednesday, and I'd really like it to come through before then for peace of mind!
thanks a lot.
I'm super stressful about it because last year my WP got refused due to the misheadling and then I fought a lot to get the proper WP.
Hope everything goes well this year.

knm30

Aug 18, 2011
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how should I apply for my spouse visitor visa extension along with my BOWP.
i am applying only online. which form do I need to fill.

i found IMM5708E for spouse extension. wanted to know if this is the correct form.

Also have few questions on it

Q3. I am applying for one or more of the following - extension of my resident status / restoration of my status as visitor / initial work permit or extension of my trv

Details of WOrk IN CAnada - what should i fill. if i am not filling these questions i am not able to validate my form.

please advice.

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
Just called CIC, and my BOWP and spousal permit for my common-law spouse were approved yesterday and today respectively. I haven't received an e-mail yet or notification on mycic, so anyone who's waited more than 28 days may want to call if they haven't done so already!

SO RELIEVED.

In case anyone's wondering:

Applied August 8th
Approved September 5th
No e-mail or anything yet.
Made a couple of typos in non-pivotal parts of the application (dates and work history) and it looks like it wasn't a problem, for anyone who's worried about small mistakes.
My permit was expiring next week, so I was within the 4 month bracket. The rest of my timeline's on the left under my username.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Congrats! They normally send out emails the next day so probably tomorrow or Monday.

badniks said:
Just called CIC, and my BOWP and spousal permit for my common-law spouse were approved yesterday and today respectively. I haven't received an e-mail yet or notification on mycic, so anyone who's waited more than 28 days may want to call if they haven't done so already!

SO RELIEVED.

In case anyone's wondering:

Applied August 8th
Approved September 5th
No e-mail or anything yet.
Made a couple of typos in non-pivotal parts of the application (dates and work history) and it looks like it wasn't a problem, for anyone who's worried about small mistakes.
My permit was expiring next week, so I was within the 4 month bracket. The rest of my timeline's on the left under my username.

knm30

Aug 18, 2011
Congrats.

CAn you tell me how you applied for your spouse along with your BOWP. Which form needs to be filled. please advice.

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
knm30 said:
Congrats.

CAn you tell me how you applied for your spouse along with your BOWP. Which form needs to be filled. please advice.
The online application page where you upload your documents provides you with a link to the correct and up-to-date form.

As for the question you were wondering about which to select, if your partner has a work permit select "work permit with the same employer" or "new employer", whichever sounds best. If they don't have a work permit, select "new work permit". Don't select resoration of status unless they have a TRV or work permit which has already expired.

As for the work details, there are several posts in this forum describing how to fill in those questions. Those you can't answer, put N/A so it will let you validate.

So there's no one answer for this question, and none of them fit perfectly. Just check the one that fits best.

adusur

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hi,
I have applied for Bridging open permit in August with an eaplanation letter as I haven't received my AOR by that date and my work permit expires in Sept.

I got my AOR yesterday, so i would like to add that email to my BOWP case. Please let me know if thare is any email id to which i can send my AOR. I really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
adusur said:
Hi,
I have applied for Bridging open permit in August with an eaplanation letter as I haven't received my AOR by that date and my work permit expires in Sept.

I got my AOR yesterday, so i would like to add that email to my BOWP case. Please let me know if thare is any email id to which i can send my AOR. I really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.
If you applied online, there's no way to add anything to your account until they ask for it - they'll either ask for it, or see that you received it anyway and approve it. If you sent it to Vegreville by post, you can fax it through to that office (I don't have the number to hand at the moment).