+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sent to Sydney/ Requested CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2014 - date they receive my application
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
no ,you fill all forms on computer and just uploading the file. for WP online applications you have to fill forms on the computer

on the end when you submit the application there will be a note that all is true, and you sign on this 'virtually':)

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
vik302 said:
i did 20 nov same employer..did you send it to same emloyer?

Ya I did same employer , but I didn't write down the unit number , just the address .

Update me coz I beleive you will get the wp a week or 2 before me.

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
7 months left on my Closed WP. I applied for an Open work permit in April and was refused. I applied again at the end of December for an Open work permit and it was approve. However I lost my job (no fault of my own) in April.

Yesterday I received this;

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC.

Type: Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR

Validity: 2016/01/28

How long does it take to receive the official document in the post?

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
What do you mean same employer? AJ

I was being told that , if you do not have LMO please write N/A BOWP in all the sections where they are asking employers information and send it as a new employer when you are doing BOWP And add explanation letter if you are sending it without AOR.

My application was received on 6th Nov still no response, already on implied status fortunately I got AOR yesterday but not sure whether they have processed my work permit or not.

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
blitzkrieger said:
What do you mean same employer? AJ

I was being told that , if you do not have LMO please write N/A BOWP in all the sections where they are asking employers information and send it as a new employer when you are doing BOWP And add explanation letter if you are sending it without AOR.

My application was received on 6th Nov still no response, already on implied status fortunately I got AOR yesterday but not sure whether they have processed my work permit or not.

Same with me , i got aor 2 days back and on implied status too , there was nit any Option to mention BOWP , were just 2 options new or sane employer , so I mentioned same since I m already on open work permit and bowl is open work permit too , your response should be there in 2-3 weeks since they were working on 21oct files on 23 Jan .... Good Luck and pls don't worry , u have applied already and I have done that too , also I mentioned in the cover letter about no aor thingy

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
AJ28 said:
Same with me , i got aor 2 days back and on implied status too , there was nit any Option to mention BOWP , were just 2 options new or sane employer , so I mentioned same since I m already on open work permit and bowl is open work permit too , your response should be there in 2-3 weeks since they were working on 21oct files on 23 Jan .... Good Luck and pls don't worry , u have applied already and I have done that too , also I mentioned in the cover letter about no aor thingy
Lets hope for the best AJ.

I just called their helpline, the lady on the other side told me that they are running behind the dates they ve mentioned on CIC website. Is it a kind of relief? that they have not touch my application so far and now when they will open it they can see my AOR has been issued so more chances of getting extention on WP.

AG_MRT

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
Done with application
Med's Request
29-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Hi Friends ,

My Closed WP ICT( Intra Company transfer) is going to expire on 24-Feb-2015.
The WP extension was applied by my employer & received by CIC on 18-Dec-2014.

Now ,Already more than 40 days have been passed with no updates.
Do anyone know what are the latest timelines for ICT WP renewal other than CIC website

what can I do in this situation ? What will happen If CIC is not going to take any decision till 24-Feb-2015.
can I stay back in Canada based on the situation that my WP re-renewal is in progress ?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
I am guessing 'Permit - WP-EXT' means extension.

What does 'Permis - PT-PROR' actually mean?

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
i think that it's means the same but in French:)

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
Cepheus74 said:
7 months left on my Closed WP. I applied for an Open work permit in April and was refused. I applied again at the end of December for an Open work permit and it was approve. However I lost my job (no fault of my own) in April.

Yesterday I received this;

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC.

Type: Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR

Validity: 2016/01/28

How long does it take to receive the official document in the post?
it depends...for study permit I was waiting 10days. for work permit I was waiting 20days. no one of my friends never waits more then 20days. start looking for a job, you could say that you waiting just for mail and show this document from email. it should be fine, my employer was ok with that because you are eligible to work from the date that the work permit was apprved/decision was made!

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
mkocisz said:
i think that it's means the same but in French:)
Really..damn I feel so silly now lol, thanks.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
AG_MRT said:
Hi Friends ,

My Closed WP ICT( Intra Company transfer) is going to expire on 24-Feb-2015.
The WP extension was applied by my employer & received by CIC on 18-Dec-2014.

Now ,Already more than 40 days have been passed with no updates.
Do anyone know what are the latest timelines for ICT WP renewal other than CIC website

what can I do in this situation ? What will happen If CIC is not going to take any decision till 24-Feb-2015.
can I stay back in Canada based on the situation that my WP re-renewal is in progress ?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
You can continue working until decision is made on your application. You will be on "implaied status".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
exactly you can work till you will get official decision about your WP.
My WP will expire 8 Feb 2015. I will apply for BOWP day before on 7 Feb 2015 and i will be working on implied status.
also i don't get AOR yet but it should be in middle of FEB and I hope that they will give me BOWP

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
blitzkrieger said:
Lets hope for the best AJ.

I just called their helpline, the lady on the other side told me that they are running behind the dates they ve mentioned on CIC website. Is it a kind of relief? that they have not touch my application so far and now when they will open it they can see my AOR has been issued so more chances of getting extention on WP.

On the grounds we applied bowl is kind of random , so I believe the later the better , and I just saw in some post , paper applicant from 14 Nov got approved of bowl in 24th January , so I think before Feb end we will have the decision and positive decide , we will get extensions Fr 2 years

cec1979

Nov 10, 2014
the application was recieved in Vegreville Nov 14.
The work permit start date was 1/20/2015.
But I didn't recieve it in mail til a week later - 1/27.
I applied by paper, so no email notice.

AJ28 said:
Did u submitted paper application on 14 November , when was it received by them, and did the WP just came to ur address , when was it received and what was date on that ?