+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP eligibility

ay_caramba

Jan 29, 2016
Hello all,

My PGWP expires in the first week of June. My PR application is still in progress, I received my AOR on Feb 16.
I'm planning to apply for a BOWP soon. I have a question about the required e-APR.
The eligibility parameters state --
"* have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
* they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;"

I don't think the AOR I received on Feb 16 can be substituted for the e-APR CIC is asking for. How can I get an e-APR for my BOWP?

Also, one of the questions from the CIC eligibility assessment tool asks if I have "applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval)"
Do I say YES or NO?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use that AOR to apply for BOWP. Others have done so and reported success.

You cannot answer that question as Yes unless R10 completeness is passed which can only be confirmed by accessing your GCMS notes.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ay_caramba, did you apply for BOWP? I want to apply, but when I go through the Come to Canada tool, the only option I get is to apply for Temporary Resident Visa. What did you end up answering in the tool?

ay_caramba

Jan 29, 2016
Not sure why you're getting only TRV option.
For the question 'How long are you planning to stay in Canada?', choose 'Temporarily - more than 6 months'.
Also, for your current immigration status, choose 'Worker'.
See if those changes help.

Questions for Asivad/anyone who might help with BOWP:
  • I'm supposed to pay the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee, but my application checklist mentions only the processing fee of $155.
    Will I prompted to pay the open WP fee of $100 when I attempt to submit the application?
  • I'm required to submit a Letter of Support from my nominating Province. I'm a BCPNP nominee, I did not receive a support letter when I received my nomination.
    Should I ask BCPNP to issue me a letter?

ay_caramba

Jan 29, 2016
I've recently received a support letter from BCPNP, but I noticed the letter mentions that it "...is to facilitate the issuance of an LMIA-exempt work permit pursuant to Annex A..."
I'm applying for an open permit with my BOWP application; could that dissimilarity in the support letter get my application rejected?