+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Eligibility to Work

akshu23

May 17, 2020
Hi,
I'm currently on a closed (employer specific) work permit (expired in Sep, 2023). Since my PR application is in process (AOR-March 2023), instead of extending my closed work (employer specific) work permit, I applied for a BOWP in Jun 2023.

Once I submitted the BOWP application, I received a letter from IRCC that I was eligible to work till Oct 20, 2023, or till the time I receive a decision on the application, whichever is first. I haven't received a decision on the BOWP application yet. I've written to IRCC to check if they'll be sharing an extension of date (awaiting reply).

In case I don't receive a response from IRCC, can I assume that I will still have 'maintained status' (formerly implied status) beyond Oct 20, 2023, and that I can continue working with the same conditions (employer and occupation), till such time I receive a decision on my BOWP application?

Thanks.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
I'm currently on a closed (employer specific) work permit (expired in Sep, 2023). Since my PR application is in process (AOR-March 2023), instead of extending my closed work (employer specific) work permit, I applied for a BOWP in Jun 2023.

Once I submitted the BOWP application, I received a letter from IRCC that I was eligible to work till Oct 20, 2023, or till the time I receive a decision on the application, whichever is first. I haven't received a decision on the BOWP application yet. I've written to IRCC to check if they'll be sharing an extension of date (awaiting reply).

In case I don't receive a response from IRCC, can I assume that I will still have 'maintained status' (formerly implied status) beyond Oct 20, 2023, and that I can continue working with the same conditions (employer and occupation), till such time I receive a decision on my BOWP application?

Thanks.
Yes you can continue to work

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi,

Thanks.
My suggestion is please take legal advice from your employers immigration attorney or talk to RCIC please. Most of us are armatures here we can talk from what we see in these forums or read in the application rules and regulation. Yours sounds complex to me. Try posting to Legal Falcon in the respective thread also

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
Hi, My case is bit messed up, please help me, My current PGWP work permit expires on Feb 1st, 2024.
Current I am working in Teer 2 job.
I received My First ITA : June 27th , 2023
1st AOR Received : June 27th,2024
Filed PR : August 24th , 2023
1st BOWP filed: November 5th, 2023
PR Refusal : My PR got rejected November 15th, 2023 (Because My consultant submitted my Expired CELPIP)

Then I received another ITA
2nd ITA Received : December 8th, 2023
2nd AOR Received : Jan 1st,2024
Filed PR: JAn 1st, 2024

Here what I did mistake,

Instead of filing new BOWP, I raised a webform to update my 1st BOWP (filed on November 5th, 2023) with my 2nd AOR. I added an explanation letter detaily to process my BOWP with my new 2nd AOR. But Today I Got my BOWP rejected saying that My Previosuly applied Permanent Residence has been cancelled , so My BowP is refused.

Which means IRCC doesn't even open my webform or considered my webform.

Now I have to stop working immediately. I am totally broken. After struggling 8 months, I got this job. Now I can't even do uber to manage my cost of living.

Is there any way I can reappeal this decision ? Can anybody help? How can I continue working?

Legally My PR is in process.

Help Please...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, My case is bit messed up, please help me, My current PGWP work permit expires on Feb 1st, 2024.
PR Refusal : My PR got rejected November 15th, 2023 (Because My consultant submitted my Expired CELPIP)

Here what I did mistake,

Instead of filing new BOWP, I raised a webform to update my 1st BOWP (filed on November 5th, 2023) with my 2nd AOR. I added an explanation letter detaily to process my BOWP with my new 2nd AOR. But Today I Got my BOWP rejected saying that My Previosuly applied Permanent Residence has been cancelled , so My BowP is refused.

Now I have to stop working immediately. I am totally broken. After struggling 8 months, I got this job. Now I can't even do uber to manage my cost of living.

Is there any way I can reappeal this decision ? Can anybody help? How can I continue working?

Help Please...
You can’t ask to have your BOWP apply to a new application you have to reapply. The BOWP was correctly refused. Your only option is to apply for a new BOWP. You can attempt to see if you can get a BOWP at the land border by flagpoling but unsure if they will process the BOWP so would submit a new BOWP to get the process rolling as soon as possible.

Guri6060

Dec 30, 2023
You can’t ask to have your BOWP apply to a new application you have to reapply. The BOWP was correctly refused. Your only option is to apply for a new BOWP. You can attempt to see if you can get a BOWP at the land border by flagpoling but unsure if they will process the BOWP so would submit a new BOWP to get the process rolling as soon as possible.
BOWP can be processed online application or paper.
There is no option to get from other sources like flag-poling, MP request etc.

So you have to apply online with new application.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019

Here what I did mistake,

Help Please...

So you are out of status right now ? You need to apply for BOWP and for restoration of status.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/restore.html

I would strongly suggest you seek the help of a lawyer right now to make sure your restoration and BOWP application goes smoothly.

Reactions: Guri6060