+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Couple of quick questions.

pete6256

Jan 27, 2011
Greetings all,

I applied for CEC in Feb and in April I submitted my application for a BOWP. I just had a couple of very quick questions for anyone out there who might know.

1. What are the current processing times we're looking for the BOWP? I've heard everything from 30 - 80 days.

2. I'm expecting to get a decision on my BOWP after my current work permit expires. I know that I can continue working after the end of my work permit on 'Implied Status' while I wait for a decision, but if my application is rejected I know I have to stop working immediately. If this happens how long do I have after the 'no' decision to either leave the country or reapply? Presumably if my application is rejected, the don't expect me to leave the same day! (I'm from the UK if that makes any difference)

Thanks,

Pete

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pete6256 said:
Greetings all,

I applied for CEC in Feb and in April I submitted my application for a BOWP. I just had a couple of very quick questions for anyone out there who might know.

1. What are the current processing times we're looking for the BOWP? I've heard everything from 30 - 80 days.

online application 30 days , Paper application 90 days , refer below link for more details

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

2. I'm expecting to get a decision on my BOWP after my current work permit expires. I know that I can continue working after the end of my work permit on 'Implied Status' while I wait for a decision, but if my application is rejected I know I have to stop working immediately. If this happens how long do I have after the 'no' decision to either leave the country or reapply? Presumably if my application is rejected, the don't expect me to leave the same day! (I'm from the UK if that makes any difference)

You can work until you BOWP expire date , even if you PR application success or reject

Thanks,

Pete