+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - can I apply for a second one?

butang2013

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm planning to submit online a second BOWP and second Open Work Permit application for spouse (first Open Work Permit is based on Pilot Project ) at the same time. I knew some people got their second BOWP approved but couldn't find in this forum that had applied a second BOWP with second open work application for spouse. Both our current work permits are expiring in 2 month and I've yet to hear from CIC Ottawa to finalize PR application (CEC). PR application just reached 12 months couple of days ago and CIC Ottawa has been idle for almost 2 months since medicals have been received. My questions are:

1. Should I apply for BOWP first? Then once approved apply for open work permit for her?
2. In the explanation letter, is it a good thing to mention applying for second BOWP (PA) and OWP (spouse) cause we have yet to hear from CIC Ottawa to finalize PR application?
3. Attaching cover letter, AOR , current BOWP and open work permit (spouse) as supporting documents. Or just the AOR and cover letter?

Thanks,

butang2013