+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Biometrics fee - paying twice due to the Service Canada availability?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
You are talking about the R10 completeness check. It is done when they start processing your application and just before updating the results of your medical examination. The actual review of eligibility starts right after criminality. Criminality is where they check your police clearance certificate and run your name on their system to look for criminal records - if they find something, they will ask you to get RCMP clearance as well. After this, they will do a security check which could take from a few days to several months depending upon how fast they can confirm you are not a threat to Canada.
Oh if thats the case then my BOWP application will process without any issues unless and until my PR application processing goes having any refusal issues (i provided all the docs but just bit worried about NOC as said my friend with same NOC got his PR last month but still something bugging me ) ..is that right?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Oh if thats the case then my BOWP application will process without any issues unless and until my PR application processing goes having any refusal issues (i provided all the docs but just bit worried about NOC as said my friend with same NOC got his PR last month but still something bugging me ) ..is that right?
If you have passed R10, they will process your BOWP. I would say you are in the clear until you get a decision on your PR application. What was the AOR of your friend's application if you don't mind me asking?

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
Hi main applicant Got visa and copr and get married before landing and applied for change in family composition if spouse immigrant visa get rejected what will happen to main applicant visa and copr already issued

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
If you have passed R10, they will process your BOWP. I would say you are in the clear until you get a decision on your PR application. What was the AOR of your friend's application if you don't mind me asking?
I didnt remember exact date but 1st week of Jan,luckily he submitted Biometrics those days it use to take hardly 2 weeks i guess for that update..and after that he didnt see any update for almost until april.ending...in the month of may like 3rd week i guess he got confirmation of PR through call..

sonams18

Nov 19, 2018

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
How to apply exemption on the application? In the past 10 years, have you given your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for an application to come to Canada? Do I pick yes?
You don't need to apply to the exemption. You would do a regular application, and ignore the biometrics letter (in case u receive it). You would need to keep checking as well if they change these rules and restart to take biometrics for your type of application (and in this case you would have to go after the biometrics). You can check the specific biometrics rules for your type of application over here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

You can check if you gave biometrics and it is still valid through this link : https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery.
If yes, I believe you could pick "yes". However, if is still unclear, I would suggest to choose "no" (in order to avoid future complications).

Reactions: sonams18

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
You don't need to apply to the exemption. You would do a regular application, and ignore the biometrics letter (in case u receive it). You would need to keep checking as well if they change these rules and restart to take biometrics for your type of application (and in this case you would have to go after the biometrics). You can check the specific biometrics rules for your type of application over here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

You can check if you gave biometrics and it is still valid through this link : https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery.
If yes, I believe you could pick "yes". However, if is still unclear, I would suggest to choose "no" (in order to avoid future complications).

@sonams18 I just saw on twitter that IRCC will restart to open for biometrics appointment in November 30. I'm not sure how it would affect applications in progress (if they would request that the applicant do the biometrics, or they would still exempt -->probably if you received a BIL, it's better to do the biometrics).

- Link for the tweet: - Link for the IRCC post: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-tool-reopening.html