+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Biometrics fee - paying twice due to the Service Canada availability?

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Bridging open work permit question

So, my PR application progress is at 35% at the moment, and I paid for the Biometrics fee when applying for that. Since all the Biometrics services are not available until further notice, I couldn't get my biometrics done yet.

Today, I have to apply for BOWP and they ask me if I gave my biometrics before and when I choose the option "I didn't", it charges me another Biometrics fee.

So, it makes me pay the $85 fee twice for two different applications.

Anyone had the same issue? Am I required to pay twice or should I choose the option "I had my biometrics done" and put a note in the "Client Information" section?

Thanks in advance!!

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
I would pay the 85 dollars again so it does not delay the processing in any way..and at the same time add a covering letter detailing this is a repeat payment, as technically earlier paid, but couldnt do the biometrics because of Covid yet.

Do not forget to add the previous payment reference along.

IRCC in all probability will refund the extra payment...and there are many cases of return of extra/duplicate payments.

All the best!

Reactions: yalink

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I'm in the same boat as you. My biometrics appointment for my EE application was cancelled due to COVID and now I need to apply for a BOWP because of all the delays. BOWP also requires biometrics that I won't be able to provide until they open the offices, so it just seems like an expensive process when there could have been some workaround by now :( hopefully they open the offices soon!

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi guys i paid it twice too just to avoid delays in application processing of BOWP considering the case of PR processing being delayed for its lengthy process...Anyone in case who applied for BOWP and received any update besides BIL request after submission of application please post it..I have submitted my application on May 22nd and besides BIL no update yet.My PR is at 30% only MED passed and BIL request received..

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Bridging open work permit question

So, my PR application progress is at 35% at the moment, and I paid for the Biometrics fee when applying for that. Since all the Biometrics services are not available until further notice, I couldn't get my biometrics done yet.

Today, I have to apply for BOWP and they ask me if I gave my biometrics before and when I choose the option "I didn't", it charges me another Biometrics fee.

So, it makes me pay the $85 fee twice for two different applications.

Anyone had the same issue? Am I required to pay twice or should I choose the option "I had my biometrics done" and put a note in the "Client Information" section?

Thanks in advance!!
I have applied for my BOWP and I already have a valid biometrics due to my WP. However, for the PR the biometrics used for the temporary WP are not applicable. I also received the BIL and I have to wait for the Service Canada to collect my biometrics anyways.
I hope Service Canada will reopen for biometrics collection soon. Any news about that?

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
However, for the PR the biometrics used for the temporary WP are not applicable. I also received the BIL and I have to wait for the Service Canada to collect my biometrics anyways.
That is interesting, so for PR and the BOWP you will need two separate biometrics appointments?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
May be you should check UCI number it may be same on both applications, so when you do one it should linked to another application, make sure carry both BIl letters

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
IRCC just knows ways to make money and providing not even basic service. If they cannot collect biometrics for last 3 months why they implemented this rule. They were letting in people before this as well without biometrics. Ideally they should defer such requirement and not play with time and make excuse for collecting another fees such as many people are losing validity of medicals.

Real issue is lack of accountability on part of IRCC to applicants and for sure with current situation every immigrant is about to enter into fools paradise . We are stuck but not sure why new applicants are planning to be part of this never ending journey.

Reactions: kiwissima

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
May be you should check UCI number it may be same on both applications, so when you do one it should linked to another application, make sure carry both BIl letters
UCI number is the same thankfully, hopefully I can do both at the same appointment. My previous appointment was cancelled and that was only available 1 month+ out so to try and get 2 appointments to do this will be a headache.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi guys i paid it twice too just to avoid delays in application processing of BOWP considering the case of PR processing being delayed for its lengthy process...Anyone in case who applied for BOWP and received any update besides BIL request after submission of application please post it..I have submitted my application on May 22nd and besides BIL no update yet.My PR is at 30% only MED passed and BIL request received..
Call IRCC and ask them about the status of your Eligibility, Criminality, and Security check. If you have passed your eligibility and your criminality is valid, your application is likely on hold due to the pending biometric request. You can also ask them by submitting a web form.

Reactions: RAMAAA91

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Call IRCC and ask them about the status of your Eligibility, Criminality, and Security check. If you have passed your eligibility and your criminality is valid, your application is likely on hold due to the pending biometric request. You can also ask them by submitting a web form.
Thank you for the suggestion buddy i tried calling before i got my MED update and the agent said the eglibilty check is done not the main phase the begining phase of checking whether all the required docs are sent or not under the selected category of EE..Will try to call in a week again hope something may get updated with process when i call..

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thank you for the suggestion buddy i tried calling before i got my MED update and the agent said the eglibilty check is done not the main phase the begining phase of checking whether all the required docs are sent or not under the selected category of EE..Will try to call in a week again hope something may get updated with process when i call..
You are talking about the R10 completeness check. It is done when they start processing your application and just before updating the results of your medical examination. The actual review of eligibility starts right after criminality. Criminality is where they check your police clearance certificate and run your name on their system to look for criminal records - if they find something, they will ask you to get RCMP clearance as well. After this, they will do a security check which could take from a few days to several months depending upon how fast they can confirm you are not a threat to Canada.

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
That is interesting, so for PR and the BOWP you will need two separate biometrics appointments?
For temporary resident visas...
"If you gave biometrics in the last 10 years for a visitor visa, work permit, or study permit and they’re still valid, you don’t have to give them again if you’re applying to visit, work, or study. "

For PR application, on the other hand, "You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application. "

All the best!

I am not a legal expert..take it as another opinion!