BOWP - April Applicants

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dokala said:
Hi every one..
I APPLIED FOR MY BOWP ON MAY 17TH,2015..
-GOT CONFIRMATION ON 19TH,2015
- GOT A MESSAGE TODAY THAT MY APPLICATION IS UPDATED(I.E AUGUST 05TH,2015)..BUT WHEN I LOGGED IN MY CIC ACCOUNT NOTHING WAS CHANGED...ANY IDEA ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING..????/
Just one of those ghost emails.

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
Is there any way we can check the documents uploded on CIC. I am checking the documents.. It only says this document uploaded but I cant view it back.

another question from IMM5710 form. - Have you previously applied or remained in Canada ? I have ticked NO. Is that fine?

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
may4ank said:
Is there any way we can check the documents uploded on CIC. I am checking the documents.. It only says this document uploaded but I cant view it back.

another question from IMM5710 form. - Have you previously applied or remained in Canada ? I have ticked NO. Is that fine?
Each word of that sentence is important. "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada", different from "remained", like illegally. (unless your form is different)

You can tick yes and explain permanent resident application for example, or the date you entered in Canada, if you are not in Canada.
If you said no, as long as you have an explanation letter, AOR, etc. you should be fine.

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FNMEFNME said:
hi guys, who could tell me why paper application is 2 weeks faster than online application?
Let me look inside my crystal ball....

I see... nothing.

Unless you have friends who work at CIC, that question will remain a mystery. It could be the volume for paper applications is way less but who knows...

kvr

Mar 19, 2014
I applied for BOWP on 23rd April and still waiting. Got application update email on July 21 and nothing since then.
elena.. did you get the ghost emails?

elena2

May 1, 2015
I have a lawyer for the BOWP and thus no access to MyCIC. I will only hear back when a decision is made.
The waiting is killing me...

verter

May 28, 2015
elena2 said:
I have a lawyer for the BOWP and thus no access to MyCIC. I will only hear back when a decision is made.
In this case there is a trick to at least find out if the application was touched. As it's known a BOWP application remains ontouched until processing starts not long before a final conclusion. During this time it's not even "in the system". I am in the same situation and was told several times over the phone with CIC that my application does not even exist. However if you have CIC website user account, you can try to link an existing application to your user account. You will need to provide many details about that application and it will try to do search for it. Even if you have no access to it it will be found and you will be prompted to submit a representative cancelation letter in order to access it. Surely at this step you can stop. But if it's not in process yet, linking an application will not find it at all.

Another weird side-effect that I noticed, once this worked for me and I checked the status of my PR CEC application, my BOWP representative's mailing address appeared on PR's application page. I have no idea it it's how it has to work, but it is indeed confusing ( ??? ) Has anyone noticed it as well?

I hope this information will help someone as I've lost a good bunch of hair while looking for my answers.

FNMEFNME

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
elena2 said:
it is so easy to do BOPW application, how come you spend money on a lawyer?

vps2014

Dec 2, 2014
ARSR said:
If anyone received BOWP after april 25, please update....
As per the CIC website, they are still processing Apr 09 application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

ARSR

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
vps2014 said:
As per the CIC website, they are still processing Apr 09 application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
That is not correct. Some april 24 aplicants have already received Bowp..

elena2

May 1, 2015
FNMEFNME said:
it is so easy to do BOPW application, how come you spend money on a lawyer?
My new employer hired the lawyer. I agree that is straightforward to apply for the BOWP and it is should be equally easy to check if the applicant admits the requirements or not...yet we are STILL waiting.....