+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - April Applicants

ARSR

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
sonnenstern said:
I applied May 7th, anxiously waiting for approval... when did you apply ARSR?
Applied May 18.
Can you please update me as soon you get your BOWP?
Thanks

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
will do... I'm checking my emails and myCIC all the time... should've started a new job this monday. Grrrrr this prolongued processing times really mess everything up. What happened to work permit processing times of less than 30 days. I surely remember those. If they would've cleared up their PR backlog, they wouldn't have received thousand of BOWP applications as people are now running out o=f their status. It's so messed up.

ARSR

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
sonnenstern said:
will do... I'm checking my emails and myCIC all the time... should've started a new job this monday. Grrrrr this prolongued processing times really mess everything up. What happened to work permit processing times of less than 30 days. I surely remember those. If they would've cleared up their PR backlog, they wouldn't have received thousand of BOWP applications as people are now running out o=f their status. It's so messed up.
Yes you are right I called CIC and they told me they received lots of applications in April that's why processing times are rising.
Are you PNP applicant??

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
No, I'm in the CEC stream. Applied in June 2014 and since my medical test in february heard nothing. Ridiculous. They can't tell me it's a physical person responsible to get us through background check and security. All it should need is pressing a few buttons as all is electronic after medical is passed and then print the COPR and mail it. I could have contributed to Canadian society by having a better job and paying more taxes months ago. Instead I'm stuck on my old closed work permit.
Plus this is the most expensive and frustrating process ever.

Are you waiting for the BOWP to start a new job too, ARSR?

ARSR

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
sonnenstern said:
No, I'm in the CEC stream. Applied in June 2014 and since my medical test in february heard nothing. Ridiculous. They can't tell me it's a physical person responsible to get us through background check and security. All it should need is pressing a few buttons as all is electronic after medical is passed and then print the COPR and mail it. I could have contributed to Canadian society by having a better job and paying more taxes months ago. Instead I'm stuck on my old closed work permit.
Plus this is the most expensive and frustrating process ever.

Are you waiting for the BOWP to start a new job too, ARSR?
June 2014!!!!!!! wow you should call them as I know people from November 2014 are getting passport requests.
I am not starting new job but my concern is implied status, cannot extend my driving licence without work permit.

raider198

Aug 6, 2015
Back to the original topic.

BOWP for CEC, April 1st, applied online, not received yet.

I called them today and they told me that they have no notes on the file. Call-centre agent is sending them an e-mail. So much for them not being able to take action. I might have hit one of the bad co-ops they hired as temporary case workers.

nkojima

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
I have question here

I also applied 17th May meanwhile I am looking for new job.

Some people say that, I can still find job without work permit( implied status)

BUT I guess employer does not want to hire new employee who does not have work permit

and some employers even do not know what implied status means.

I do not like current job now, but I think it is best to wait until I get extension work permit although I do not know when I can receive it....

question here

has anyone applied new job when the status is under implied status??

and It was no problem???

Let me know

Thank you

dokala

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Technically there shouldn't be any problem..But they do ask when the work permit gonna expire..So be prepared to answer that..My case i just informed my employer that that my work permit expired and explained what IMPLIED STATUS is..
That all what we can do...