+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP and PR application

branvilvr

Jan 29, 2019
Hello, I have a bit of situation and i'm worried.
so my PR application is under process and the website says I will get it on 5th Nov 2020. It was 2nd Oct 2020, when I checked last week but I think they have changed.
However, My Post graduate work permit will be expired on 21st Sep 2020.
so I have applied BOWP on 25th May 2020 which is less than four month before my work permit expires.
But I haven't heard anything from CIC about my PR and BOWP so I'm not sure what gonna happen.
I want to know if they are still working or not because of this COVID situation.
I know I can still work even though my work permit expired but I will need driver license for my work which expires on the same day as my work permit.
If you have or had similar situation, please give me some advice please.
Thanks!

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hello, I have a bit of situation and i'm worried.
so my PR application is under process and the website says I will get it on 5th Nov 2020. It was 2nd Oct 2020, when I checked last week but I think they have changed.
However, My Post graduate work permit will be expired on 21st Sep 2020.
so I have applied BOWP on 25th May 2020 which is less than four month before my work permit expires.
But I haven't heard anything from CIC about my PR and BOWP so I'm not sure what gonna happen.
I want to know if they are still working or not because of this COVID situation.
I know I can still work even though my work permit expired but I will need driver license for my work which expires on the same day as my work permit.
If you have or had similar situation, please give me some advice please.
Thanks!
Hello. I got a look, and I see that you're from Manitoba. You can extend your driver's license if you applied to extend your work permit and still didn't received a decision (it can be the case of your application for Bowp if u enter in "implied status"). You will just need to take a print of your CIC dashboard, and your Bowp application and go renew the driver's license in any Autopac (they will extend your driver's license for 2 or 3 months).

I'm on implied status (waiting for Bowp), and I did it. I heard we can also do the same for the Manitoba Health Card (but I didn't tried, and I didn't see any info in their website - however I'll try to do it).

Last edited:

branvilvr

Jan 29, 2019
Hello. I got a look, and I see that you're from Manitoba. You can extend your driver's license if you applied to extend your work permit and still didn't received a decision (it can be the case of your application for Bowp if u enter in "implied status"). You will just need to take a print of your CIC dashboard, and your Bowp application and go renew the driver's license in any Autopac (they will extend your driver's license for 2 or 3 months).

I'm on implied status (waiting for Bowp), and I did it. I heard we can also do the same for the Manitoba Health Card (but I didn't tried, and I didn't see any info in their website - however I'll try to do it).
Thank you so much! That's exactly what i wanted to know. please let me know how your Manitoba health card goes.