+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Both spouse qualify for new FSWP in diff. category-Can apply for both category?

May 1, 2013
Greetings,
My spouse and I are both having sufficient education, work experience & language proficiency to apply as principal applicant in separate categories for New FSW program.
We both have already submitted our educational documents for ECA - just in case.
Now the question we are facing is that, can we both apply to have better chances of getting our application selected before caps fill up?
If so, can somebody please advise following queries?
1. Do we need to file separately as principal applicant and add the spouse as dependant to do this or can we specify this in our application package.
2. How to send the application packages? Shall we send separate application packages or we send them in single package?
3. The language proficiency documents are required for both applicants. The testing facility issues only one certificate per test person. In case, we need to file separately, can we refer each other’s application for providing these documents?
We will deeply appreciate your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - both of you can apply.
1. You need to file separately as principal applicants and add the spouse as a dependent.
2. The applications should be sent separately.
3. You must provide original IELTS results in each application package if you want to receive points for IELTS. If you cannot obtain a second set of original IELTS results then you should forget about filing two separate applications, pick just one of you to apply as the principal applicant and submit just one application for one NOC.

PRaspirent

May 1, 2013
hi

are u sure that both husband & wife can apply separately as principal applicant in different categories??
but we cannot get another copy of IELTS result...

reply.

Halibut

Apr 27, 2014
Hello Shrinath,

Would you please share your experience? I and my spouse are also planning to submit our applications same
way you had queried for. Your input will be valuable for us.

- Deep

ukhan018

Apr 28, 2014
Does any of you know of cases in the past where both spouses applied under different categories? Me and husband are also interested in applying separately under different occupations. One of us will withdraw if we both fall within the cap.

Halibut

Apr 27, 2014
ukhan018 said:
Does any of you know of cases in the past where both spouses applied under different categories? Me and husband are also interested in applying separately under different occupations. One of us will withdraw if we both fall within the cap.
Hello,

In your case, why one will applicant will withdraw? Just curious and confused, as no one on forum responded.

Halibut

Apr 27, 2014
scylla said:
Yes - both of you can apply.
1. You need to file separately as principal applicants and add the spouse as a dependent.
2. The applications should be sent separately.
3. You must provide original IELTS results in each application package if you want to receive points for IELTS. If you cannot obtain a second set of original IELTS results then you should forget about filing two separate applications, pick just one of you to apply as the principal applicant and submit just one application for one NOC.
Hello Scylla,

Seeing your above provided answers, Would you advise what should applicant's next steps if both applicants'
application gets approved?

Thanks

drpilot

Star Member
May 4, 2014
I am also interested in this.
My spouse and I qualify and we are thinking of both applying but not sure what to do.