+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Born to a Canadian mother in 1959, am i eligible for Canadian citizenship?

Oct 12, 2014
Hi, I was born in 1959 in England to a Canadian mother and a British father however my Canadian mother never applied for me as an infant to have Canadian citizenship. Am i still eligible to apply for it? Thank you.

Marypetty

Apr 1, 2013
CharlieDunning said:
Hi, I was born in 1959 in England to a Canadian mother and a British father however my Canadian mother never applied for me as an infant to have Canadian citizenship. Am i still eligible to apply for it? Thank you.
Yes, you should be. Contact the Canadian Consular Office in London. They should be able to help you. I wish you luck.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieDunning said:
If your mother was born in Canada (or naturalized before your birth)...and didn't renounce her citizenship (which is rare)...then you are a Canadian citizen. (BTW, your mother couldn't have registered your birth in 1959, because that was only open to the children of Canadian fathers at that time.) Information on acquiring proof of Canadian citizenship (which you would need to get a passport, etc.) is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp