Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
I am going to try flagpolling next week on Canada Border in Niagara Falls. I just want to ask if will I be having a problem for the reason that I already applied online last two weeks ago? Processing time to secure a temporary work permit is 54 days and as of March 6 they are still processing application submitted last January 11, 2015 I submitted mine last week of February. Number of processing days is rising and I really want to start working for my new employer. Here's the document that I have.

1. Valid Multiple entry Canada Visa on my passport expiring December 2015
2. Permanent Job offer
3. PNP Certificate
4. IMM5802E from employer (Offer of Employment to a Foreign National Exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA))
5. Receipt for $230 paid by my employer
6. IMM5658 - Employer declaration form

I'm only afraid that they will refuse my request since I already applied online so if ever they grant me a work permit I will cancel my application online after. Anyone have been on the same process as I am going to try?

emcanada21

Jul 22, 2014
hi kabayan im from philliphines too. im still waiting for my pnp. when did you apply and get your aproval. thanks

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015 sent to Sydney CIO
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/ application
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
Hi Kabayan I applied pnp last december 26, 2014 received nomination february 18 2015

emcanada21

Jul 22, 2014
on what stream did you applied?ny plan is to di flagpolling too when i get my certificate. can you share your experience at the border after you do yours. thanks kabayan

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
SINP, yes for sure I will since I already booked my ticket to go on border so there's no turning back unless my temporary work permit which I applied online come out next week. So please if anyone have the same experience which submitted an application online but then decided to go to the border please share :D.

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
mryoso said:
SINP, yes for sure I will since I already booked my ticket to go on border so there's no turning back unless my temporary work permit which I applied online come out next week. So please if anyone have the same experience which submitted an application online but then decided to go to the border please share :D.
I did this about a month ago. I had applied online for a WP in early January, but I became worried that I'm not going to get it before my old WP would expire (Feb 12). So I went to the border and asked for a new WP.

After a bit the two officers said that they can see I've already applied online, so why am I applying at the border. I told them I wanted to avoid going on implied status. They then talked between each other for a bit, and finally came back and said that it's OK for me to be asking this, and issued me the new WP.

Just be sure to mention the long processing times and that you would prefer not to go on implied status. Also make sure you have all the necessary documents with you - be overprepared rather than underprepared.

Also, the second you're done with the border, call CIC and withdraw your online application - it's the only chance you have to get a refund for that. At the border you will have to pay the WP fee again, even though you already paid it with the online application. The border officers will NOT consider the previous payment towards this new permit.

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
liisa227 said:
I did this about a month ago. I had applied online for a WP in early January, but I became worried that I'm not going to get it before my old WP would expire (Feb 12). So I went to the border and asked for a new WP.

After a bit the two officers said that they can see I've already applied online, so why am I applying at the border. I told them I wanted to avoid going on implied status. They then talked between each other for a bit, and finally came back and said that it's OK for me to be asking this, and issued me the new WP.

Just be sure to mention the long processing times and that you would prefer not to go on implied status. Also make sure you have all the necessary documents with you - be overprepared rather than underprepared.

Also, the second you're done with the border, call CIC and withdraw your online application - it's the only chance you have to get a refund for that. At the border you will have to pay the WP fee again, even though you already paid it with the online application. The border officers will NOT consider the previous payment towards this new permit.
Great!! this helps me to start thinking about what will be my own reason is :D My work permit for current employer is expiring on December 2015 so being implied is not the reason for me. Also extension is not my case but getting a new work permit for a new employer. I will let you guys know how what will happen to me next weekend at the border :D +1 for you liisa227

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
mryoso said:
Great!! this helps me to start thinking about what will be my own reason is :D My work permit for current employer is expiring on December 2015 so being implied is not the reason for me. Also extension is not my case but getting a new work permit for a new employer. I will let you guys know how what will happen to me next weekend at the border :D +1 for you liisa227
Just to confirm - you've made sure that you're allowed to switch employers? If you have an employer-specific WP now, then as far as I know you need to stay with that employer until your PR comes through (unless you're an Alberta nominee which I assume you're not). But there may of course be circumstances and conditions I'm not aware of.

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
In my case yes I have closed work permit in Alberta but then my new employer applied me thru International Skilled SINP and after nomination SINP gave me the PNP certificate and letter of support for temporary work permit having my new employer name on it.

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
liisa227 said:
Just to confirm - you've made sure that you're allowed to switch employers? If you have an employer-specific WP now, then as far as I know you need to stay with that employer until your PR comes through (unless you're an Alberta nominee which I assume you're not). But there may of course be circumstances and conditions I'm not aware of.
how about i have recently got an open workpermit sayin OCCUPATION - OPEN ,EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEMTN LOCATION - UNKOWN .do i have to stay with the same employer untill i get PR?

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
emcanada21 said:
on what stream did you applied?ny plan is to di flagpolling too when i get my certificate. can you share your experience at the border after you do yours. thanks kabayan
Hi Kabayan,

So here's my experience.

I'm done with my application and the CBSA officer gave me a 2 year work permit which is according to him enough time for me to process my PR.

I flagpole twice today. First in Rainbow bridge Niagarra. We walked to the US border then get a paper having my name on it then a flagpole is written on the paper. We walked back to Canada Border then a guy direct me to a building and gave me a piece of yellow paper. Inside the building lots of people is waiting so I gave my passport and the yellow paper to the officer and said that wait for my name to be called. Once it's my turn be careful on what you are saying to the officer for a work permit if it's an extension say extension of work permit if it's a new work permit say new work permit and never say the word work permit only. I think the officer don't know my papers are, he's asking for an LMIA which I showed him the IMM5802 for LMIA exempt and a work permit support letter from the province who nominate me. He directly told me that he don't know that if he can process it so he go inside a room maybe talked to his superior and after a few minutes he told me that he can't process it and I should submit it online or by mail not at the border. The other officer ask the guy who handled my paper if they really can't do that and he said yes so meaning all of them who are in charge at the rainbow bridge don't really know. We have nothing to do so we leave without a new work permit. Feeling hopeful since other people already landed and get a new work permit at the border we then proceed to Lewiston bridge just a few km's from Niagarra to try at different border. So same thing we go to the US border but this time driving get a flagpole paper then do a U-Turn and head back to Canada. My first impression at the officer who talked to us at Canada Border is he really knows what I am trying to do so same thing he gave me a yellow paper but this time get to see all my documents including my old work permit so he writes at the yellow paper getting a new work permit for a new employer under provincial nomination. He told us to park at one of the parking stall then proceed inside the building. There are actually no people inside but a lot if CBSA officer so one officer get the yellow paper and my passport and wait for 5 minutes. After that the officer ask me the documents IMM5802, receipt that my employer paid, job offer and the work permit support letter. after a quick scanning on my documents he told me to sit down and wait until he completely processed my work permit finally!! he then direct me to a cashier and ask to pay $155 for processing. Waited for 30 minutes then he called my name and gave my new work permit.

Just on my thoughts, It's much easier to do a flagpole on a border which is not easily accessible by people who walk or make sure that you flagpole when you are sure that the officers are busy so they are not on a rush because of people who are piling up on the line. So goodluck to everyone who is planning to do a flagpole :)

CanadaPC

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/05/2015
Doc's Request.
18/01/2016
Nomination.....
24/03/2015
AOR Received.
17/08/2015
IELTS Request
12/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi everyone

I jsut received my nomination today from BC PNP.
I d like to do flagpolling this saturday.
I found a linnk on visatalk website about which documents to bring.
Under the signed JOB OFFER, it doesnt say what kind: indeterminate/determinate with dates/????

Does anyone maybe know?

Tnx

Canada PC