+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Booking IELTS for Express Entry Program

Aug 31, 2015
Hello Seniors and Everyone,

Recently I came across this express entry program of Canada and I wish to apply in this program. After going through many threads in this forum I get some basic information. As we all know, atleast IELTS score is required, I checked the British council website to book IELTS. However, the next nearest date of the test is on 5th Dec 2015 and Express Entry program is ongoing till Dec-2015 (31st Dec 2015 I presume).

I wanted your help, is it good if I book the date of 5th Dec 2015 and apply after I get the IELTS score? Or Am I very much late now for further process :(?

Thanks a ton for the help!

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaImmigrate said:
Hello Seniors and Everyone,

Recently I came across this express entry program of Canada and I wish to apply in this program. After going through many threads in this forum I get some basic information. As we all know, atleast IELTS score is required, I checked the British council website to book IELTS. However, the next nearest date of the test is on 5th Dec 2015 and Express Entry program is ongoing till Dec-2015 (31st Dec 2015 I presume).

I wanted your help, is it good if I book the date of 5th Dec 2015 and apply after I get the IELTS score? Or Am I very much late now for further process :(?

Thanks a ton for the help!
You are not late
Go on to book and take your IELTS tests
then apply for express entry
In the mean time you can have your credentials verified

Aug 31, 2015
Thank you so much Kitua85 for reply.
Could you please elaborate how I will be able to get my credentials verified in the mean time? Or any link where I can read about this credentials verification process?

Thank You. :)

rajucheers

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Nomination.....
19-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Credentials verification is nothing but completing your educational assessment ECA through any recognized body. Preferably WES (http://wes.org/ca/)

Please refer below site for guidelines.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
You can also try booking IELTS through IDP. I was in similar situation last month but then checked IDP available dates. I could book for October dates.
https://www.ieltsidpindia.com/

As someone rightly suggested, meanwhile work on your transcripts and ECA report. These two collectively takes around 1.5 months.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Express entry can be tricky. Make sure you try and estimate how many points you will have before you start incurring costs.

Read up on the CRS tool to see if you will exceed 400 points...otherwise don't waste your money!

If you exceed 450 points, you almost certain to get picked. If you exceed 400 points you may be fortunate to receive nomination.

IF you're below 400 points...very minute chance.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Aug 31, 2015
Hello Guys,

Thank You so much for the replies. :) :)

I have booked through IDP now and got the November slot. Now studying IELTS.

As you guys suggested meanwhile, I will start document verification and transcripts process. ;D

Cheers!!