Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Hi everyone. Wishing you the best with your applications this year. Please share your experiences here those who started their applications concluding 2012 and starting 2013. This year will be undoubtedly decisive!

About me, my wife (sponsor) and I sent our Application on November 21st, 2012. She was accepted as a sponsor last February 23rd, 2013. I received an email last February 27, from the Embassy in Bogotá confirming they had received my application. Everything is ok so far and checking my application status they confirm that it was received as well as the Medical Exams.
I traveled through an exchange program to Germany on February 3rd, 2012 and I am planning to stay here until December (came to obtain international certifications in German and French).

I only have a couple of questions and it is the fact that if I am here in Germany, it may affect my process in Colombia, delaying it in a way. I haven't notified the office since all my contact information (address, phone in Colombia and email) is Active. The medical exams expire on May 30th, and if I have to go to Colombia to have them updated I will do it, no problem! I am simply worried about being contacted to send my passport or other documents and then I am here. Additionally, if they realize I am here in Germany (they will eventually, they know all about you), will that affect me in a way?

Fingers crossed for everyone. It seems that the embassy is moving and I really hope to have good news before 2013 is over.

Wish you the best!

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
As you can tell we applied in may but we are hoping we have an answer this year. What is holding up our case is my ARC :( wich they received in bogota January 15th. No one really seems to know how long they take to process it but its driving me nuts since our E-cas shows IN PROCESS since January 3rd and we haven't heard anything from them.

As to you like Ccunnington said in the other thread you should let them know ASAP of where you are.

Best of luck for you! And all those still waiting in Bogota

Karenesp29

Feb 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-19-2012
Doc's Request.
Apr-12-2013, Apr-19-2013, Apr-30-2013
AOR Received.
Sponsor- Feb-18-2013, SpouseBogota - Feb-27-2013
File Transfer...
Apr-13-2013, Apr-22-2013, May-04-2013
Med's Request
Apr-30-2013
Med's Done....
May-31-2012 & May-04-2013
I wonder what makes some cases to be processed in less than 10 months and others not, is it all about how genuine the relationshio looks?

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
Karenesp29 said:
I wonder what makes some cases to be processed in less than 10 months and others not, is it all about how genuine the relationshio looks?

That has a lot to do with it, also in my case (non routine case) it takes longer since I was previously deported due to a failed refugee claim. I believe that's been a major hold back in my case. :(

Karenesp29

Feb 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-19-2012
Doc's Request.
Apr-12-2013, Apr-19-2013, Apr-30-2013
AOR Received.
Sponsor- Feb-18-2013, SpouseBogota - Feb-27-2013
File Transfer...
Apr-13-2013, Apr-22-2013, May-04-2013
Med's Request
Apr-30-2013
Med's Done....
May-31-2012 & May-04-2013
I see, as long as the relationship is convincing there shouldnt be a problem

Ryun

Feb 13, 2013
My wife lives in Ecuador so we will have to send our application to the Bogota office, the doctor in Ecuador recommended to wait until the embassy ask to get the medical done. I guessing because of the wait times being a factor and taking longer than a year to process which you would need to do a new medical exam again anyways. Am wondering if anyone has some experience with this?

CVK

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Abril 4, 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
April 25, 2013 Approved as Sponsor
AOR Received.
May 15, 2013 Bogota
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
April 25, 2013 Sent to Bog
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi there!

We would like to joing the thread.

Here is some info about us: We've been together for more than two years now. Recently married. I'm Colombian. We met in Colombia while travelling. We have traveled for the most part of our relationship. Now we want to settle down, so we got married and applied for the PR. We think we have a very complete application:

-Tons of proof: catholic wedding, photos, family trips together, skype -chats-email records. Boarding passes -same flights together. Financial support. Friends in common. Contracts under both names.
-Im not a criminal and Im healthy.
-Perfectly filled forms -double checkings
-Explanations of our relationship. Very detailed docs...

We're very confident and we know we're gonna get it.

Application:
We sent our application on April 1, 2013.
They received it on April 5, 2013 -As Fedex said.
We got an AOR from Immigration Canada on April 23, 2013 saying they got our package. We also got our UCI.
On April 25, 2013 my husband got approved as sponsor. -Which makes us so happy!! The letter also said they sent our application to our visa office -Bogota in our case.

Now we hope they process it fast enough!

Good luck to you all!

CVK

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-04-2013. 19-04-2013. 29-04-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Ryun said:
My wife lives in Ecuador so we will have to send our application to the Bogota office, the doctor in Ecuador recommended to wait until the embassy ask to get the medical done. I guessing because of the wait times being a factor and taking longer than a year to process which you would need to do a new medical exam again anyways. Am wondering if anyone has some experience with this?
Hi Ryun,

in your case it is better that you Do send medical exams at once with your application! Yes, after a year you might have to repeat them, but in my case I only had to repeat the chest x-rays, not ALL of them! It is faster because if the embassy approves your case in less than a year, then you gain time by having the medical at once! At is my advice!

Hope you are doing well and please share how your process is advancing! ;)

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
CVK said:
Hi there!

We would like to joing the thread.

Here is some info about us: We've been together for more than two years now. Recently married. I'm Colombian. We met in Colombia while travelling. We have traveled for the most part of our relationship. Now we want to settle down, so we got married and applied for the PR. We think we have a very complete application:

-Tons of proof: catholic wedding, photos, family trips together, skype -chats-email records. Boarding passes -same flights together. Financial support. Friends in common. Contracts under both names.
-Im not a criminal and Im healthy.
-Perfectly filled forms -double checkings
-Explanations of our relationship. Very detailed docs...

We're very confident and we know we're gonna get it.

Application:
We sent our application on April 1, 2013.
They received it on April 5, 2013 -As Fedex said.
We got an AOR from Immigration Canada on April 23, 2013 saying they got our package. We also got our UCI.
On April 25, 2013 my husband got approved as sponsor. -Which makes us so happy!! The letter also said they sent our application to our visa office -Bogota in our case.

Now we hope they process it fast enough!

Good luck to you all!

CVK
Hi CVK,

ohhhhh man! I am impressed! Your husband got approved as a sponsor in less than 3 weeks! That is awesome news! In my case, my wife got approved in 3 months time (the regular period of time). We had it sent in Novermber last year. Maybe the end of the year makes things slower.
However, in the last 2 weeks I have been contacted 3 times via email by the embassy. I got requested a translated copy of my militar card, the payment of the background verification check and repeat my chest x-rays. Everything is sent already and then we are hoping the process comes soon to a happy ending! ;)

What take times to get to the embassy is the background certificate. They ask you to pay it (60.000 pesos), but then that certificate arrives at the embassy 6-8 weeks later. However, I am surprised they asked me to repeat these medical exam (chest x-rays) now, if my medical exams would expire still in a month! I hope that could be good news, since by the time that background check comes, I will have most documents ready. Hopefully it means hte process is going really well. We are all surprised about how fast the embassy is moving!!! Especially from February ;)...

Take care, wish you the best for you both and please keep us posted on your process. ;)

CVK

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Abril 4, 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 15, 2013 Bogota
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
canadasoon2013 said:
Hi CVK,

ohhhhh man! I am impressed! Your husband got approved as a sponsor in less than 3 weeks! That is awesome news! In my case, my wife got approved in 3 months time (the regular period of time). We had it sent in Novermber last year. Maybe the end of the year makes things slower.
However, in the last 2 weeks I have been contacted 3 times via email by the embassy. I got requested a translated copy of my militar card, the payment of the background verification check and repeat my chest x-rays. Everything is sent already and then we are hoping the process comes soon to a happy ending! ;)

What take times to get to the embassy is the background certificate. They ask you to pay it (60.000 pesos), but then that certificate arrives at the embassy 6-8 weeks later. However, I am surprised they asked me to repeat these medical exam (chest x-rays) now, if my medical exams would expire still in a month! I hope that could be good news, since by the time that background check comes, I will have most documents ready. Hopefully it means hte process is going really well. We are all surprised about how fast the embassy is moving!!! Especially from February ;)...

Take care, wish you the best for you both and please keep us posted on your process. ;)

Hi Canadasoon!

Thanks for the good wishes. I will surely keep posting. I feel really good now. We need the embassy to move fast!

I hope all goes perfect with your application.

Time will tell.

CVK

CVK

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Abril 4, 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 15, 2013 Bogota
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
canadasoon2013 said:
Hi CVK,

Hi there!

I'm so excited! I just got the AOR from the visa office confirming they have our application. I assume they are /will process it.

I'm very happy, it seems like our process is going good, fast enough for my patience. I know we have to wait a lot more, but Im very confident on a positive result.

Wish you the best with your applications and keep us posted! :)

CVK

Ryun

Feb 13, 2013
So far no news yet other than I forgot a signature and they sent back my application luckily I was able to send it back right away before going away for work and vacation to see my wife. It has been since May 3 that I re-sent my application, does anyone know how to find out the status of it? I tried the status on the cic website but that did not work possibly because it is not in the system yet .

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Ryun said:
So far no news yet other than I forgot a signature and they sent back my application luckily I was able to send it back right away before going away for work and vacation to see my wife. It has been since May 3 that I re-sent my application, does anyone know how to find out the status of it? I tried the status on the cic website but that did not work possibly because it is not in the system yet .
Hi Ryun,

well, yeah, it's been more than a long month with no news from the embassy. I can see it's been the same for all of us. Hope they get as fast as they did a couple of months ago.
Oh, man! It is realy unlucky to have missed a signature but I am glad you could send it back right away. I think you would have to wait until they update your status. It seems it is the only way you can get to know about it. In my case, in less than two weeks I was sent 3 emails asking for a) a copy of my militar card, b) a receipt of the payment of the police background check and c) new meds (only chest x-rays). I did it all right the next day and sent it all immediately. I have nevertheless been waiting to receive anither email or been checking my ecas but no news so far. It worries me sometime because I wonder sometimes whether they really received all I sent or whether something is missing. This is 100% stress.

Please keep us posted on your status and on any news you get. Wish you all the best on your applications! :D

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Hi Guyssssss!!!

Great news for us. I received an emal from the VO in Bogotá requesting my passport! That means my Visa is readyyyyyy!!! ;) We applied last November 19th, 2012. I got the Passport Request exactly 8 weeks after I was requested the payment of my Police Check. It was exactly 7 months and 1 weeks waiting. That was really quick! :D The problem now is that I am in Germany and am leaving until August 21. I read I cannot simply send my passport to Colombia by courier and then get it back in Germany. I think that is kind of illegal. Therefore, I will have to travel as son as possible. I can't wait! ;)

If you guys can help me with this issue of the passport (is that illegal to send it to Colombia from Germany?) and if you all have any questions lemme know. I will be around! :D

Finalllllyyyyyyyy!!! I will reunite my babe in Canada! :D

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Hi guys. I have an urgent question and hope you can give me some good advice.

I applied outland in Colombia and got my passport request last Friday. The problem is that right now I am in Germany and I am coming back to Bogotá (Colombia) until August 21st. Do you know if I can have problems if I send the passport until I come to Colombia? Sending it from here is kind of illegal. It can be done only in Bogota and the tickets as well as changing the date of them is really expensive due to the summer season. The email states that I have time until may 2014, but it states also that I should send it "as soon as possible". Should I wait until August? What if I have problems?

Please some advice. Thank you! :(