+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Blue/Red pencils during the interview with Citizenship Officer

Jun 12, 2014
Dear All
I am here to help a friend. He got his citizenship test in March. The Interview with the officer went fine, provided CBSA, and required documents. The officer had two pencils; one is blue and one is red. However, RQ is issued after the test. He would like to know if the use of the colors has any significance, as the officer used the two pencils. Have any of those who passed the test experienced the same thing? Is there any significance for the use of one pencil color, whether blue or red, over the other?
Thank you all

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi,
During my interview I saw some highlighted text in my file.
The officer didn't do it in front of me, It was there, probably the officer did it before.
I didn't get RQ (Thank God), I guess some of them use high light marker some red pencil just for emphasis a section.

This is just my opinion. Did anyone else notice highlight or red color in her/his file?

thanks

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I cant say that for sure, But the officer asked me questions regarding the highlighted text, one of them was my employer , I saw it was highlighted and she asked me about that.
Also I saw many notes whit very large handwriting font in my case, but the color was not red for sure.

Jun 12, 2014
Hi
I do not know if my friend saw highlighted text or not, but he said the officer used the two pencils to write notes. A week after the Interview he received a RQ.