+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BLS Surrey PCC application

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
I called them yesterday when I want to prepare postal label for my package.
I asked her what is the current processing time for PCC.
She told me it's about 6 weeks.

anki0203

Jun 19, 2020
1) Once your PCC application reached from BLS to Consulate General (CGI), CGI will send a police verification request to the local SP office of your city in their system.
2) From Commissioner's office, the police verification request is sent to the local police station that you mentioned in your application.
3) The authority at the local police station will call up the phone number you provided in your PCC application. (Ideally, if you have someone already staying at your India address (parents/siblings/friends), this phone number should be an India number belonging to them)
4) The authority will then ask that person to visit the police station for verification along with the docs such as aadhar copy and your photograph
5) If all goes well, the authority will complete the verification and send it back to SP office (Commissioner's office)
6) The Commissioner's office will update to CGI in the system.
7) Upon completion of digital verification, CGI will issue the PCC.

Point number 3 & 4 varies for different people for different cities and circumstances and mood of the local police constable/authority.
This is my personal experience as I got PCC for me and my spouse. My whole process took 15 days end-to-end while it took 30 days for my spouse.
My documents reached to Consulate on Thursday from BLS... Till now no response on next steps on police verification, how to track it further ?

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
My documents reached to Consulate on Thursday from BLS... Till now no response on next steps on police verification, how to track it further ?
If Consulate requires fresh police verification from India, you will receive an automated email. You can only wait at the moment.

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
If Consulate requires fresh police verification from India, you will receive an automated email. You can only wait at the moment.
I have applied for
I have received following message after I have submitted my documents to Vancouver Indian Embassy. I am worried, what is the action from my end if the RPO didn't respond? And if any action needed, then how to do it, as I am already in Canada?

"This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your PCC Application submitted with File Number CAVXXXXXXXXXX.

Address TypeAddressPeriod of StayDistrict Police HeadquarterPolice Station(Thana)
Permanent AddressKANHARTOLI, NEAR BENGALI KALI MANDIR, GONDIA, GONDIA-441614, MAHARASHTRA. POLICE STATION: GONDIA CITYSP Office, District GondiaGONDIA CITY

You are requested to get in touch with the respective Police Office if verification is not done in three weeks"

anki0203

Jun 19, 2020
I have applied for

I have received following message after I have submitted my documents to Vancouver Indian Embassy. I am worried, what is the action from my end if the RPO didn't respond? And if any action needed, then how to do it, as I am already in Canada?

"This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your PCC Application submitted with File Number CAVXXXXXXXXXX.

Address TypeAddressPeriod of StayDistrict Police HeadquarterPolice Station(Thana)
Permanent AddressKANHARTOLI, NEAR BENGALI KALI MANDIR, GONDIA, GONDIA-441614, MAHARASHTRA. POLICE STATION: GONDIA CITYSP Office, District GondiaGONDIA CITY

You are requested to get in touch with the respective Police Office if verification is not done in three weeks"
Thanks, Kunal. My application received at the consulate on 3rd July, still not received any mail or communication. As per 20 May circular from the consulate, all applications required to be gone through after fresh police verification. How much time did it take for you to get this mail?

In your case, I think you can tack your status at :
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew