+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BLS Surrey PCC application

Jun 29, 2020
Hi all,
I have a question.... does someone has to go to the police station in India to submit any documents after ur file goes to ur local police station In India ? Or they will come to ur address in India and verify..... what’s the whole procedure, can someone explain that in detail ?

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Yes. As per purolator tracking, it is delivered on 17th June morning 9 AM.
BLS Surrey used to send an email very next day. For me, they did. I hope today may have got updated for you.
The Call centers are in India so most likely they have same answer for generic questions - "like 14 days to open the envelope"

Did you check today?

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Hi all,
I have a question.... does someone has to go to the police station in India to submit any documents after ur file goes to ur local police station In India ? Or they will come to ur address in India and verify..... what’s the whole procedure, can someone explain that in detail ?
Hi all,
1) Once your PCC application reached from BLS to Consulate General (CGI), CGI will send a police verification request to the local SP office of your city in their system.
2) From Commissioner's office, the police verification request is sent to the local police station that you mentioned in your application.
3) The authority at the local police station will call up the phone number you provided in your PCC application. (Ideally, if you have someone already staying at your India address (parents/siblings/friends), this phone number should be an India number belonging to them)
4) The authority will then ask that person to visit the police station for verification along with the docs such as aadhar copy and your photograph
5) If all goes well, the authority will complete the verification and send it back to SP office (Commissioner's office)
6) The Commissioner's office will update to CGI in the system.
7) Upon completion of digital verification, CGI will issue the PCC.

Point number 3 & 4 varies for different people for different cities and circumstances and mood of the local police constable/authority.
This is my personal experience as I got PCC for me and my spouse. My whole process took 15 days end-to-end while it took 30 days for my spouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unknownuser2020

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
I hope you will get an automated email today.
This is my timeline, hope it helps -

20 May - Purolator pickup
21 May - Reached BLS (as per Purolator tracking page)
22 May - BLS acknowledgement email
28 May - BLS to Consulate (as per BLS tracking page)
01 June - Reached Consulate (as per BLS tracking page)
01 June - Police verification initiated (email received from passport admin with a File number starting with cav**********
05 June - I gave my brother's number in my application. He got a call from Local police station to visit with all the supporting documents along with a neighbour. He submitted my aadhar copy, his aadhar copy, neighbour's aadhar copy, my passport copy, my passport size photo, my Canada address proof copy. The person in-charge said they will send the verification update to the Police Bhavan (Commissioner's office) of the city and they will upload it in the system which can be accessed by the Consulate. When asked about the timeline, the person in-charge said he will do his part by sending the verification complete but not sure on how much time it will take to get uploaded in the system or accessed by the respective Consulate.
In the meantime, I also kept checking this portal using this file number I got from Passport admin - (cav*********) -
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusForFileNoNew
17 June - No update on passport portal. It showed "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra". So I called up the constable in-charge of the police verification in my hometown. Requested him to check if the verification details are uploaded in the system. He said he will check and let me know.
18 June - Follow up call to the constable and he said he will get it uploaded in the system and let me know.
22 June - Upon checking the passport portal, the status is now changed to "PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office"

BLS tracking page shows processing at Consulate General
Hi can you please suggest i wrote my canadian number instead of indian number in application form should i change the number by filling another application??

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
1) Once your PCC application reached from BLS to Consulate General (CGI), CGI will send a police verification request to the local SP office of your city in their system.
2) From Commissioner's office, the police verification request is sent to the local police station that you mentioned in your application.
3) The authority at the local police station will call up the phone number you provided in your PCC application. (Ideally, if you have someone already staying at your India address (parents/siblings/friends), this phone number should be an India number belonging to them)
4) The authority will then ask that person to visit the police station for verification along with the docs such as aadhar copy and your photograph
5) If all goes well, the authority will complete the verification and send it back to SP office (Commissioner's office)
6) The Commissioner's office will update to CGI in the system.
7) Upon completion of digital verification, CGI will issue the PCC.

Point number 3 & 4 varies for different people for different cities and circumstances and mood of the local police constable/authority.
This is my personal experience as I got PCC for me and my spouse. My whole process took 15 days end-to-end while it took 30 days for my spouse.
Which service should we select while doing pickup and drop off labels from dropdown menu??

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
My PCC timeline:
BLS Surrey
Application Mailed on 3rd June 2020
Application Delivered to BLS : 4th June 2020
BLS email (Application received) : 10th June 2020
CGI received the application : 12th June 2020 (Status : Processing at consulate general)
Got email from passport.admin that police verification request is sent to police station in India: 13th June 2020
PV done on 19th June 2020
Status on Passport Seva updated from “pcc under review to ready for collection” on 24th June 2020
Status changed from “pcc ready for collection to printed successfully” on 25th June 2020
Status on BLS changed from “under processing at consulate general to in transit from consulate general to BLS” today on 25th June 2020.
Should we put our original passport in envelope while sending to BLS please advise

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Yes,along with the original passport,you also need to send a copy along with all the other necessary documents and the filled application forms.
Thank you for the response. One more question while filling application form i put my canadian number . Can i fill another form by registering again with indian number??

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Hi can you please suggest i wrote my canadian number instead of indian number in application form should i change the number by filling another application??
Can you please check with BLS call center and see what they have to say. Whatever number you have given in your PCC application, the local police station is going to call on that number during IST hours for police verification. If needed, BLS people may ask you to send the PCC application again by email. Please call and check with them.

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi
I had paid $30 for the return courier in the beginning when I called them to book my Purolator courier appointment and they sent me 2 links (sending and return) where I paid $30 for each link.
($30 for sending courier and $30 for return courier)
Can you please tell which service we need to select while filling info in pick up drop off label??

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
This is the whole process for PCC

PCC application through BLS vancouver or surrey:

1. Download the checklist form from this link: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/ppc-checklist-vancouver.pdf
2. Create an application for PCC through this link: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
i You first have to register yourself on their portal.
ii After that login with your user id and select the second option, which says Apply for police clearance certificate.
iii Fill out the form and make sure to enter all the details correct (under purpose of PCC select an option which says: "For Immigartion purpose or other")
iv Next thing is to get a 51mmx51mm photograph and paste it on the application form (make sure to sign in the box provided below the photograph in the application form)
3. Make a photocopy of your work permit, passport, bank statement or phone bill or driver's license or ID card and SELF ATTEST all the photocopies.
4. Create a pick up and drop off label through this link: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas/pickuplabel/index.php?service_id=3
5. You'll receive an email from BLS after paying for drop off and pick up and there will be a link to generate a shipping label or you can go to this link and generate a shipping label: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/fedexlabel.php
6. Go to your bank or Canada post and ask them to make one demand draft or money draft for $44.40 in favor of ‘BLS International Services Canada Inc.’
7. Now you have to put all the photocopies, original passport, demand draft or money draft, checklist form and PCC application form(filled and signed) in an envelope.
8. Paste the shipping label on an envelope, which you generated through BLS website or through a link provided in an email.
9. You can even drop off the package to your nearest Purolator store or you can wait for your Purolator driver to pick up your parcel.
I just paid for pu and drop off service but i got pick up label only. When i di drop off service separately it says you already paide for pu/drop off service still you want to proceed. But i got only pu label please help

Asees.singh

Jul 20, 2019
I just paid for pu and drop off service but i got pick up label only. When i di drop off service separately it says you already paide for pu/drop off service still you want to proceed. But i got only pu label please help
Hello,
You don't have to worry about the return label and return envelope. I confirmed with BLS and they said that once we get your passport back with PCC from CGI, we will generate a return label and send your passport to you.

Reactions: Ghayer91

Asees.singh

Jul 20, 2019
Thank you for the response. One more question while filling application form i put my canadian number . Can i fill another form by registering again with indian number??
If you haven't sent your documents to BLS then you can create a new application with correct details.

Reactions: Ghayer91