+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Blank Canada Study Permit Condition - May work for 20 hours not stated on permit

goolat1

Jul 20, 2020
Hi folks,

I got a study permit with NO CONDITIONS for work, therefore I wasn't able to apply for SIN. I read that I can apply to amend this condition, however, the current processing time is 25 weeks which is way too long.

1. Who has experienced this type of situation, and how did you deal with it?
2. Is it a viable option to exit and deal with the paperwork again?

May I please request a piece of advice from anyone that has experienced this or a similar issue?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi folks,

I got a study permit with NO CONDITIONS for work, therefore I wasn't able to apply for SIN. I read that I can apply to amend this condition, however, the current processing time is 25 weeks which is way too long.

May I please request a piece of advice from anyone that has experienced this or a similar issue?

Thanks
You may get more responses under International Students and search the forum. You must apply to amend your permit. Is your school a private school? Length of program? Don’t think you can flagpole or leave country and reenter to ask for amendment. But ask in the International Students section.

Robellido

Nov 10, 2021
Hi folks,

Thanks
I have seen a video of something similar that happened to a latin student and she did the flagpoling thing to fix it. You could also try to contact service Canada offices or IRCC offices for more information.
If you try flagpoling remember to use arriveCAN before that.

goolat1

Jul 20, 2020
I have seen a video of something similar that happened to a latin student and she did the flagpoling thing to fix it. You could also try to contact service Canada offices or IRCC offices for more information.
If you try flagpoling remember to use arriveCAN before that.
Do you mind sending me a link to the video? I am ready to exit to fix it at the border upon re-entry? I am more comfortable paying a little more for another person's negligence rather than waiting endlessly.
IRCC office is unreachable for reasons best known to them. They do not answer calls or reply to emails. I sent an email to them two months ago, no response until now. I have been calling consistently for almost one week, no answer. The only available information is on IRCC's website.
Thanks

Last edited:

goolat1

Jul 20, 2020
You may get more responses under International Students and search the forum. You must apply to amend your permit. Is your school a private school? Length of program? Don’t think you can flagpole or leave country and reenter to ask for amendment. But ask in the International Students section.
International Student Office in my college is extremely slow to reply like many other government establishment. It takes upwards of 10 business days to get a response. Having said that, I am studying a-year program in a publicly funded DLI in Ontario.
Sadly, I was heart-broken when I checked the timeline for sending my documents for Amendment in Ottawa - 25 weeks. For what? I would have finished my program by then.
That leads me to the next question, has anyone has experienced this type of omission? What was the timeline for fixing it?
Thanks

jinalchawda

May 28, 2018
Applied for a study permit on the 27th of March
Biometrics was done and updated on 30th March
Medical updated on 14th April
Still waiting for PPR
May Intake

Any idea how long it takes after a medical update to get PPR?
Is anybody in the same boat?

Robellido

Nov 10, 2021
Do you mind sending me a link to the video? I am ready to exit to fix it at the border upon re-entry? I am more comfortable paying a little more for another person's negligence rather than waiting endlessly.
IRCC office is unreachable for reasons best known to them. They do not answer calls or reply to emails. I sent an email to them two months ago, no response until now. I have been calling consistently for almost one week, no answer. The only available information is on IRCC's website.
Thanks
It's in spanish so I don't know if you'll understand but there you go.