File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
not requested:)
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
After all the trouble of getting PR it would be very wasteful to just drop it.

She is fully entitled to:
1. Return to Canada
2. Live & work in Canada
3. Sue him for:
- theft
- emotional distress,
- kidnapping (possible- he did transport her under false pretense, and essentially attempted to deport her - which is NOT his right to do),
- loss of income (she could not work in Canada while in Nigeria),
- defamation (she did NOT cheat on him)
- general damages
- cost of the return trip back
- cost of this lawsuit
- cost to her family to support her and pay any fees for her papers etc to return to Canada

All this and he would STILL have to support her for 2 -3 more years!

She actually has had a lucky break - she now knows what kind of a stupid, insensitive and treacherous man he is. At least she has no kids to complicate matters!

I mentioned this case to a lawyer friend and he laughed - he said a 'golden' case like this comes along once a year. He said that the fool did everything wrong but that the critical thing was he did it after she had landed. She is now completely protected under Canadian law, and simply transporting her to Nigeria does not stop her being a PR.

On top of this, trnasporting someone under false pretenses from Canada to another country counts as a FEDERAL offense, and boy would the RCMP, and CIC come down on him like a ton of Bricks!

What a complete spastic that man is.

He is so screwed.

IA

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
canindian said:
Just a thought....she probably only came to Canada because of the marriage. If the marriage has dissolved, then does she really want to come back? While I agree that he pledged his support on the documents, she is good faith agreed that she would not go on assistance. To come back to Canada, knowing full well that she will now go on assistance doesn't really say much either. It is these situations that make it so much harder for the rest of us to demonstrate that our relationships are loving and genuine and slows down the process.
1. There is NO requirement from her to pledge that she will not go on assistance.
If she had kids, she would be on some form of help, no?

2. To come back to Canada, knowing full well that she will now go on assistance doesn't really say much either.
Nonsense - he formally declared to the CIC that he will support her if necessary for 3 years. THAT is a legal, binding contract.
If he does NOT support her he can be brought to Court not by her, but by the CIC, and he will almost certainly lose.

3. Their relationship WAS genuine (certainly from her side) - he turned on her AFTER they had landed.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Ok it is not hard to find him , search on Phone book in Canada she ll find his number, I am sure he has email and did not change it,

explain the truth for him, this is paper from my brother not from lover.

does not want to listen, find a good lawyer, he ll let him listen.

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
Yaya Marei said:
Ok it is not hard to find him , search on Phone book in Canada she ll find his number, I am sure he has email and did not change it,

explain the truth for him, this is paper from my brother not from lover.

does not want to listen, find a good lawyer, he ll let him listen.
why bother?

Just sue him.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
IrishApplicant said:

1. Return to Canada
2. Live & work in Canada
3. Sue him for:
- theft
- emotional distress,
- kidnapping (possible- he did transport her under false pretense, and essentially attempted to deport her - which is NOT his right to do),
- general damages
- cost of this lawsuit
- cost to her family to support her and pay any fees for her papers etc to return to Canada

She actually has had a lucky break - she now knows what kind of a stupid, insensitive and treacherous man he is. At least she has no kids to complicate matters!

I mentioned this case to a lawyer friend and he laughed - he said a 'golden' case like this comes along once a year. He said that the fool did everything wrong but that the critical thing was he did it after she had landed. She is now completely protected under Canadian law, and simply transporting her to Nigeria does not stop her being a PR.

On top of this, trnasporting someone under false pretenses from Canada to another country counts as a FEDERAL offense, and boy would the RCMP, and CIC come down on him like a ton of Bricks!

He is so screwed.

IA
remind me never to piss you off! :p

Seriously though, I agree with all of your points. Although this post is old, I really hope the woman is okay.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Am sorry but the moment he signed those papers that he would sponsor her, he is legally obligated to support her for three years!.I pretty much agree with what everyone here says. Have her get a passport, have her charge him with theft and emotional distress...
Has she contacted the canadian gvt/. She should file a complaint A.S.A.P give his name to them and t'let them take it from there. I am sure they have a record of landing and she can obtain a new PR document!. What a dumb A**!!! .
he CANNOT withdraw his sponsorship. He had the chance and she is now already "landed" Too late for him!.
Good luck to her and let us know what happens. She should not let it "die". She should get back to Canada and have him charged with theft..
Did he destroy her documents?. Maybe she can have the police obtain them?.

ETA.. Even though it is a bizzarre situation, it is not strange. There are lots of weird people out there. Its also not the worst case !. it is very solvable...

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
IrishApplicant said:

1. Return to Canada
2. Live & work in Canada
3. Sue him for:
- theft
- emotional distress,
- general damages
- cost of this lawsuit

He is so screwed.

IA
Aaahhhhh, I love it when karma really kicks in ;D

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
I'm not disagreeing with any of the points either...and I know he totally screwed up......I'm just saying that she may be happier at home with her family rather than being in a strange country with no family support. I certainly wouldn't want to come back.

I am going through a family sponsorship with my partner and he understands my obligations with regards to the sponsorship and financial support, but certainly would not put me in the situation where I would be off-side with the agreement on purpose, especially if things didn't work out. (that is what I meant by entering into the sponsorship agreement in good faith.)

Doesn't mean that the guy isn't a creep.