+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bishops university

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
Please who here has been admitted to the spring term 2021 in Bishop university? secondly, would I only get to know my scholarship grant after I pay for my tuition deposit??i contacted the admission office and they said yes I have a scholarship but I doubt if it would be enough

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
What program are you going for? And what kinda scholarship?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
They should have issued your scholarship together with your admission offer. Have you confirmed your attendance, paid the $350 and received your offer letter?

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
i havent paid my 350cad yet.could that be the reason I don't know my scholarship off yet??
because in my ubishops portal i saw only the confirm attendance link

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes, you need to pay the acceptance fee, then you'll get your offer letter which should state any scholarship awarded. Did you apply for thesis-route?

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
ohkay ,i get everything now ....and yes I applied for thesis
let me ask you a few questions please .
are you done with your study permit and all??
is the tuition fee of the 20000cad for the two years ??

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
My daughter has an academic and means tested scholarship from Bishop's. She is billed for tuition once a semester. The scholarship appeared a few weeks after the first tuition statement which is supposed to be produced every couple of weeks but was quite erratic in Fall 2020 semester, by the time she paid her tuition, the scholarship appeared so she paid only the remaining balance.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
ohkay ,i get everything now ....and yes I applied for thesis
let me ask you a few questions please .
are you done with your study permit and all??
is the tuition fee of the 20000cad for the two years ??
As is clear on the Bishop's website, it's approximately 20k per year for international graduate thesis students for fees. There are more fees too, such as for student services, sports centre, international medical insurance.

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
My daughter has an academic and means tested scholarship from Bishop's. She is billed for tuition once a semester. The scholarship appeared a few weeks after the first tuition statement which is supposed to be produced every couple of weeks but was quite erratic in Fall 2020 semester, by the time she paid her tuition, the scholarship appeared so she paid only the remaining balance.
hi,is your daughter offering masters ??

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
I'm so sad now because I would have to decline my admission because my thesis supervisor has run out of scholarship offer for me and I don't think bishops would give me more funds.I'm soo confused now,don't know what to do

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Have you not researched any costs? Tuition is $20k per year plus add another $17-20k for expenses. Are you from a French speaking country? Do you have the funds to show you can afford school?

https://www.ubishops.ca/future-current-students/money-matters/tuition-and-fees/
Pretty gross overestimation of other expenses. Even full board on campus 8 months adds on 10k, living off campus 12 months could be slightly cheaper. You don't need French at Bishop's it's English speaking, the town is a mix of English and French speaking no problem. French speakers however get more choice of student jobs and get to write all assignments in French if they wish, so far my daughter has been kind to her professors and written everything in English.