+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bishop's university Computer science for Jan 2021

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Oh. Thanks for the prompt response! Guys, do you think getting a pre-application approval will guarantee my seat at bishop?
It seems so, by the tone of the emails sent to me. The only issue is what intake you will fall under. If your course is a popular one and seats are filled for Winter, they may defer you to the next intake..

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Oh. Thanks for the prompt response! Guys, do you think getting a pre-application approval will guarantee my seat at bishop?
I got my conditional admit (pending official transcript) from Bishop's today. I didn't get an email yet - just logged into the portal and saw that my application status has changed.

You might want to check your BU portal.

icyfiremoin

Sep 28, 2020
I got my conditional admit (pending official transcript) from Bishop's today. I didn't get an email yet - just logged into the portal and saw that my application status has changed.

You might want to check your BU portal.
Hey. Thanks for the update. Yes, I got my conditional admit too. So, are you planning to join Bishop or have any other offers?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey. Thanks for the update. Yes, I got my conditional admit too. So, are you planning to join Bishop or have any other offers?
Hi,
I do have other offers, but they are all deferred to Spring 2021 and Fall 2021. At this time, Bishop's is the only offer I have for Winter. Yes, I am considering taking it. If I don't like it much, I might transfer elsewhere in May.

What about you?

icyfiremoin

Sep 28, 2020
Hi,
I do have other offers, but they are all deferred to Spring 2021 and Fall 2021. At this time, Bishop's is the only offer I have for Winter. Yes, I am considering taking it. If I don't like it much, I might transfer elsewhere in May.

What about you?
Oh. Cool! BTW, congratulations.
Yeah, I've decided to join Bishop for this Winter. If you're still considering, isn't it too late? Like applying for CAQ, sending official transcripts to university and all... Anyway, pls let me know if you've decided to join Bishop.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Oh. Cool! BTW, congratulations.
Yeah, I've decided to join Bishop for this Winter. If you're still considering, isn't it too late? Like applying for CAQ, sending official transcripts to university and all... Anyway, pls let me know if you've decided to join Bishop.
That's one of my worries - the timing. I have requested for the admission letter but haven't heard anything back from them. I applied for course-route, but I read that I can start a little later if I opt for thesis, so I emailed a couple of the Professors for supervision and I got positive responses, so i might switch over.

Did you get your admission letter yet? Have you applied for the CAQ?

icyfiremoin

Sep 28, 2020
That's one of my worries - the timing. I have requested for the admission letter but haven't heard anything back from them. I applied for course-route, but I read that I can start a little later if I opt for thesis, so I emailed a couple of the Professors for supervision and I got positive responses, so i might switch over.

Did you get your admission letter yet? Have you applied for the CAQ?
Yeah, I got the offer letter 4 days after getting the conditional admit in the portal. I would suggest you check in SPAM, PROMOTIONS, SOCIAL and other folders of your email. For thesis-based, there is May intake. So, if you succeed in finding a supervisor, then that's a win-win situation.

I am under the process of applying CAQ. Proceeding with documentation that needs to be uploaded.
So, do let me know if you decide to join Bishop for Winter 2021.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yeah, I got the offer letter 4 days after getting the conditional admit in the portal. I would suggest you check in SPAM, PROMOTIONS, SOCIAL and other folders of your email. For thesis-based, there is May intake. So, if you succeed in finding a supervisor, then that's a win-win situation.

I am under the process of applying CAQ. Proceeding with documentation that needs to be uploaded.
So, do let me know if you decide to join Bishop for Winter 2021.
Looks like I'll be attending in May. I got accepted by a Supervisor, with funding too!!

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hi,

I have received the Positive recommendation mail for computer Science Program too. I will be putting in formal application on Monday. @wonderbly have you got admit in Bishop's as well? Any update?

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
I also got admitted in computer science thesis based program under supervision for majid alili. My CAQ arrived in 15 days and also received hard copy after 10 days. I mailed my official transcripts today only which will reach them by 26 nov. I had also applied for study permit on 16 nov complete file with biometrics, just hoping for Positive result now. And btw my whole process with Bishop's took around 3 weeks including getting LOA.

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I also got admitted in computer science thesis based program under supervision for majid alili. My CAQ arrived in 15 days and also received hard copy after 10 days. I mailed my official transcripts today only which will reach them by 26 nov. I had also applied for study permit on 16 nov complete file with biometrics, just hoping for Positive result now. And btw my whole process with Bishop's took around 3 weeks including getting LOA.
hi how long until you got offer letter from positive recommendation mail

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request