+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bishop's university Computer science for Jan 2021

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
In which year have your daughter applied?
Currently it’s mentioned on Bishop’s website that they will start processing for winter intake in September and they will take 7-10 business days to process the application once all the documents are received. So, hopefully expecting they may not take more than 2 weeks if all documents are uploaded.
Try subtracting the 48 weeks I mentioned since application from today to work out year of application. As stated she waited 17 weeks for decision on application and had her grades immediately.

VamShu

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I applied here last week monday (MSc Computer Science - course based) for Jan 2021.

You first fill a "pre-application" form and they use that to assess you (for free). If you pass, they send a positive recommendation to admissions office (from what i gather, this more or less makes your admission a done deal) and send you an email to put in a formal application for full assessment. This is the email I got from them this morning:

Dear M*******************,

We are pleased to inform you that we are ready to make a
positive recommendation to the Admissions Office in respect to
your application for MSc studies in Computer Science
(course-based) at Bishop's University. Please follow up with the
formal application at your convenience
<http://www.ubishops.ca/future-current-students/admission-process>.

Note that we have already conveyed our recommendation to
Admissions; they will verify the compliance of your file with our
business rules and contact you if further documentation is
needed. Once your file is complete and depending on the other
applications already in the system you may either be admitted
immediately and so issued a official offer letter, or placed on a
waiting list. The waiting list will be evaluated periodically,
and offers will be issued as space in the program becomes
available. One way or another from now on you will hear directly
from the Admissions Office.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Best regards,
Graduate Coordinator for Computer Science
Hi, did you get any further update from BU ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Did you apply for any other university after BU?
Yes. I'm waiting for response from MUN, Ryerson and Winnipeg. They are all taking their sweet time :rolleyes:.

I got admission from Concordia but I rejected cos it was for fall and I didn't want to pursue online studies.

Reactions: VamShu

VamShu

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Yes. I'm waiting for response from MUN, Ryerson and Winnipeg. They are all taking their sweet time :rolleyes:.

I got admission from Concordia but I rejected cos it was for fall and I didn't want to pursue online studies.
Looks like you have applied for other universities long time as i see deadlines are over for them. How confident are you that winter 2021 will not be online ? :)

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Looks like you have applied for other universities long time as i see deadlines are over for them. How confident are you that winter 2021 will not be online ? :)
No confidence whatsoever. Everything is unpredictable and up in the air right now.

VamShu

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi guys... have you got any update regarding your application after pre-application acceptance?
No, they responded saying they are loaded as Sep Sem just started and will process the application last week. But haven't get any update after that. But luckily I got admission from Lakehead so proceeding with it.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No, they responded saying they are loaded as Sep Sem just started and will process the application last week. But haven't get any update after that. But luckily I got admission from Lakehead so proceeding with it.
I got the same response from them last week....

icyfiremoin

Sep 28, 2020
I got the same response from them last week....
Oh. Thanks for the prompt response! Guys, do you think getting a pre-application approval will guarantee my seat at bishop?