+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth date mistake

Simondial

Nov 19, 2012
I made a mistake on my wife's birthdate( I know :eek:) on both the express entry and CEC applications. Instead of the 1st of January I put the 18th.
The 18th is also incorrectly on one of her submitted police certs. I now have an amended police cert but can no longer update the online profiles as everything was submitted three weeks ago.
So should I notify Cic of the mistake and send the new police cert or wait for them to contact me.

Thanks in advance.☺

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should let them know, but it doesn't grantee anything.
Your application will probably get cancelled due to incorrect information supplied.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Simondial said:
I made a mistake on my wife's birthdate( I know :eek:) on both the express entry and CEC applications. Instead of the 1st of January I put the 18th.
The 18th is also incorrectly on one of her submitted police certs. I now have an amended police cert but can no longer update the online profiles as everything was submitted three weeks ago.
So should I notify Cic of the mistake and send the new police cert or wait for them to contact me.

Thanks in advance.☺
Call the call centre and see if you can update your application. I'm pretty sure you can. Just compose a well written cover letter explaining the situation. You should be fine. Worst case scenario, you will have to cancel your existing application and submit a new one.

Best of luck,