+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Date issue

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Hello

Seniors please advice Date of birth on passport is different then the original .What should i do in this case ..

thanks in advance..

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are using the DOB on your passport as your DOB since your education, you can ignore providing the birth certificate and rather provide a birth certificate affidavit with DOB on passport, mentioning to the notary that you don't have your birth certificate and you want the affidavit.

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
sunichak said:
If you are using the DOB on your passport as your DOB since your education, you can ignore providing the birth certificate and rather provide a birth certificate affidavit with DOB on passport, mentioning to the notary that you don't have your birth certificate and you want the affidavit.
Thank you sir..Much appreciated :)

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Also if you are in Canada, you can go to the embassy of your country then request for a Birther Certificate based on your passport they will provide it.
I am sure about Indian embassy that they provide Certificate of Birth based on the date on the passport.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Tuskers said:
Also if you are in Canada, you can go to the embassy of your country then request for a Birther Certificate based on your passport they will provide it.
I am sure about Indian embassy that they provide Certificate of Birth based on the date on the passport.
Embassy does not have the authority to issue Birth Certificates. In India the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths within the jurisdiction of birth place is the sole authority to issue the birth certificate..

Feb 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-07-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2015
BLS India provide some kind of letter to confirm your DOB based on passport

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
steller said:
Embassy does not have the authority to issue Birth Certificates. In India the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths within the jurisdiction of birth place is the sole authority to issue the birth certificate..
I mean if you are in Canada and want to get the birth certificate; you can get it from Indian embassy based in Canada through BLS.
If you are in India, then i would suggest the best option is to provide an affidavit along with your application form.

I would like to quote the wording from "sunichak" and he is absolutely right.
"Insert Quote
If you are using the DOB on your passport as your DOB since your education, you can ignore providing the birth certificate and rather provide a birth certificate affidavit with DOB on passport, mentioning to the notary that you don't have your birth certificate and you want the affidavit."

MPT

Oct 19, 2015
Hello,
I just want to know, if the birth certificate issued from the embassy is good for canada immigration purpose?
Thanks

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Tuskers said:
I mean if you are in Canada and want to get the birth certificate; you can get it from Indian embassy based in Canada through BLS.
If you are in India, then i would suggest the best option is to provide an affidavit along with your application form.

I would like to quote the wording from "sunichak" and he is absolutely right.
"Insert Quote
If you are using the DOB on your passport as your DOB since your education, you can ignore providing the birth certificate and rather provide a birth certificate affidavit with DOB on passport, mentioning to the notary that you don't have your birth certificate and you want the affidavit."
I know you approach Indian Embassy in Canada through BLS. But the Embassy cannot issue Birth Certificate..Birth Certificate is a mandatory document and affidavits are not acceptable. Can you share CIC link to substantiate your claim that affidavits are acceptable in place of Birth Certificates..

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes affidavit is acceptable. I didn't have birth certificate and i have provided the affidavit. They did not question/reject it.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
sunichak said:
Yes affidavit is acceptable. I didn't have birth certificate and i have provided the affidavit. They did not question/reject it.
Can you share the CIC link that affidavits are acceptable in place of Birth Certificate.

sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunichak said:
where in EE is asking to upload the birth certificate?
I was under the impression that birth certificate is mandatory, and I also had the same issue that is explained here (DOB is different in passport/all documents and birth certificate). However I got the 'Certificate of Date Of Birth' from consulate through BLS.
But in the document upload section there was no option to upload this, and so I didn't upload it.
I am CEC with LMO. So I am confused now, whether the birth certificate depends on category.

sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even I asked the same question here before,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-birth-certicate-required-for-ee-t348525.0.html;msg4621350#msg4621350

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have any concrete CIC link asking for affidavits. They usually don't.
Here is one supporting link: http://www.singhandassociates.org/2014/03/27/birth-certificate/

steller

Mar 2, 2015
sunichak said:
I don't have any concrete CIC link asking for affidavits. They usually don't.
Here is one supporting link: http://www.singhandassociates.org/2014/03/27/birth-certificate/
Birth Certificate is mandatory,check the CIC link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf