+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate

Paul780

Apr 11, 2011
I am a Taiwanese citizen and currently in the process of applying for family class sponsorship in Canada.
My question is on the document check list for the application it asked for birth certificate. However due to circumstances I am not able to obtain the birth certificate. But I contacted TECO (Taipie Economic and Cultural Office) in Canada and they told me that I can get a letter that authenticate that I was born in Taiwan. So is that sufficient for the application? What kind of information need to be on the letter?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Really try to get the birth certificate - or a replacement. It will make everything easier. But if you really can't, the Canadian gov't will accept an application without one - my husband doesn't have one, and it was not an issue. You will need to submit other proof of your identity and age - your passport; a baptismal certificate is good if you have one. My husband submitted an affidavit from his brother. The letter will have to state your name, age, date and place of birth. An affidavit is best. Also write a letter stating why you can't get a birth certificate, and include any proof that you tried to get one but couldn't.