+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate

sachin1575

May 9, 2014
Hi All

I am going to apply for my mother PR sponsorship. My mother doesn't have a birth certificate.

I would like to know, Is there any other alternate document that i can use for my mother?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Like @Wakki said above - order a new birth certificate or an affidavit in lieu from the place where she was born. If absolutely nothing is available, you must provide an explanation as to what you did to obtain a document and why it was not available.

sukh_s85

Mar 22, 2019
Hi All

I am going to apply for my mother PR sponsorship. My mother doesn't have a birth certificate.

I would like to know, Is there any other alternate document that i can use for my mother?
You need your mother's birth certificate only if you are sponsoring you're grandparents to show their relationship with your parents .In case of applying for your mother's pr sponsorship, you only need to provide you own birth certificate .

Reactions: tdot_guy

Hp_ness

Dec 31, 2018
...my question is related to the situation you described - applying for grand parents (mom's mother) where my mother's birth certificate doesn't have her mother's name printed. Apparently, it has a note saying that any birth certificate issues before 1965 does not have mother's name?? nonetheless, it has my mother's father name... As part of the supporting requirement, I need to provide my birth cert (that shows my mother's name) and my mother's birth cert (that shows her mother's name - which it doesn't).. So as an alternative, to substantiate the relationship, can I put my mother's passport (Indian) that shows her both mother and father's name and copy of my grandmother's passport that shows her name and her husband's name. And join the dots that way, explaining in a letter? Below is what I have drafted:

Proof of Principal application’s relationship to Sponsor

Although I have provided the necessary documentation required to prove the relationship between myself and my grandmother (i.e. Birth certificate of myself and my mother) – Birth certificates that were issued in the Indian province of my mother did not include mother’s names had they were issued prior to year 1965.

As an alternative, to substantiate the relationship, I have here by provided:

(a) My birth certificate that shows my mother’s name - proving relationship between myself and my mother

(b) Copy of my Mother’s passport that shows both her parents, mother’s (my grandmother) and her father’s (my grandfather) full names.

(c) Copy of my Grandmother’s passport that shows her full name and her husband’s (my grandfather) full name, both matching with my mother parents’ names on her passport (b).