+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate

Dec 19, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have a Date of Birth certificate but there is no name(my name) on it. because it was taken after 10 days of my date of birth and at that point of time my parents didn't decide my name. Is it still valid to go ahead. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Anil

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
well i dont think it will work. because CIC wants to see your name, father name and other info on your BC. if its missing how will it work. by the way what authority issued a BC without name? is it a valid BC in your country?

Dec 19, 2014
As I mentioned in my previous post, the certificate was issued in the year 1987 and at that time they have not decided my name so they simply scored out name section. Its municipal authority issued, it got every thing like form number and parents details, hospitals name, registrar signature with seal..

Normally regarding birth certicate we give 10th class certificate as proof. i think i have to get new one now...

Cheers,
Anil

limeloveaman

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
CanadaVisa4Anil said:
As I mentioned in my previous post, the certificate was issued in the year 1987 and at that time they have not decided my name so they simply scored out name section. Its municipal authority issued, it got every thing like form number and parents details, hospitals name, registrar signature with seal..

Normally regarding birth certicate we give 10th class certificate as proof. i think i have to get new one now...

Cheers,
Anil
Yes your 10th certificate will work. but if u r from india then I can advice u one more thing.

techiemanager

Aug 7, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sep 2016
Nomination.....
29 Dec 2015
AOR Received.
21 Sep 2016
Passport Req..
19 Jan 2017
CanadaVisa4Anil said:

Cheers,
Anil
Try reapplying to the same municipality again & provide name proof - they would issue s a new birth certificate with a name but make sure that the new copy is with full name & is in English

else, you can get a affidavit from your mom & dad attested by a notary public & submit that as a birth certificate.

Good Luck

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
I think you can not replace BC with any other certificate. I saw a video on CIC website about completing the application and they clearly mentioned that there is no alternate for BC like metric cert or any thing else.