+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate

mayurdholaria

Nov 24, 2008
Me and my wife don't have our Birth Cetificates, but Passport and also USA Driving licence shows Date of Birth, Place of Birth.
Also we will be submitting Marriage certificate which also contains DOB.

Will this be enough to meet requuirement for "Identity and Civil Status Documents"

I appreciate your advice.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think that CIC will consider a US driver's license as a valid substitute for a birth certificate. If it was so , there wouldn't be other posts on this site from buffalo applicants querying on how they can get birth certs. Your safest bet is to get in touch with CIC and ask them.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read on one of the posts on this website that Indians can apply for a Birth certificate from their nearest consulate , high commission or embassy. It is apparently much easier than trying to get it back in India. If that is the case , do so and you will have no issues.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
You need a birth certificate notarized and translated if it is in a different language, if it is in English, notarized will be enough. You are making the most important decision in your life migrating to Canada, don't assume something, instead look at the facts and requirments and have one available for your application.
Driver Lic, Marriage Cert or whatever except Birth Certificate is not a proof of birth, it just tells you the date of birth.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
id card would b a gud choice or if you and your wife have your family certificates. i gave my family certificate in which it was mention that my father is head of the family and my mothers name and all my siblings were named there. i also got my own family certificate in which my husband is head of the family and my kids n i, are named under him. so its very important you shud always keep it any time you want to submit your complete information anywhere in the world.
in pakistan family certificate shows the head of the family and all the family members including their date of birth gender and ID card number even if they dont have an ID card (as some1 is under 18)
for other countries im not sure if their gov issue this type of certificate

Davidrainey

May 28, 2014
I don't think so these documents will substitute your birth certificate, you will be needing a birth certificate which should be translated by a certified translator if it is in a different language(not in English).