+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Does anyone know if a birth certificate is REQUIRED of the principal applicant? My wife will be submitting ID's such as her passport, Thai ID card (similar to Canadian driver's license) and her household registry papers. The immigrant's checklist says...

6. IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Provide birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship
(including all pages of Household Registries, if applicable) for you and each of your family members.

I'm just curious to know if she has enough ID paperwork before we send the whole application to CPC-M.

Thanks all!

canthai

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Welcome back Canthai,
I just found out unbelievably what the definition of Outland and Inland sponsorship is from Leon, I was mistakingly thinking that Outland sponsorship is only when the sponsor is living overseas but actually it means when the spouse is overseas.... So, that being said are you overseas with your wife? I am pretty sure your wife can get a Birth Certificate at the local Tambon office where she was born.
thaihubbie

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Khun th,
Thanks! Yes, I am living abroad with her and trying to sort out all the required documents we need. I don't think it will be easy to get her BC since the hospital she was born in no longer exists. I'm thinking of doing a search in Bkk for a place to obtain it since it is more convenient for us. If we cannot get it, I think CIC asks for as many ID documents as possible, so she will have others to prove her identity.

Kop khun krap!

canthai

always

Jul 22, 2008
HI Canthai,

We have given them our birth certs but no baptismal so maybe your other identification would do in my opinion but to make sure try to call CIC. I don't know if they'll require you a Certificate of No Previous Marriage. It was indicated as a req from CIC in my country and both of us have applied for that as advised by some of my friends and from this forum also.