+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate & my intention to move back

Ho

Jul 21, 2013
I would like to check as I have heard conflicting information - I’m sponsoring my husband’s application and he was born in Sydney Australia. Do we need to get his birth certificate certified or simply submit a copy in the application? i heard people saying the application may be returned if it’s not certified but it does say in the checklist that it needs to be certified.

Next question is what they are really looking for as evidence that I will move back and stay with him when we submit an application. As the application takes time, I can only say that we will sell the house here and will apply for a job etc but these won’t materialize until the application gets to a more advanced stage. Are these points acceptable or whether there’s any suggestion on what they are really looking for?

Many thanks for your help in anticipation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would like to check as I have heard conflicting information - I’m sponsoring my husband’s application and he was born in Sydney Australia. Do we need to get his birth certificate certified or simply submit a copy in the application? i heard people saying the application may be returned if it’s not certified but it does say in the checklist that it needs to be certified.

Next question is what they are really looking for as evidence that I will move back and stay with him when we submit an application. As the application takes time, I can only say that we will sell the house here and will apply for a job etc but these won’t materialize until the application gets to a more advanced stage. Are these points acceptable or whether there’s any suggestion on what they are really looking for?

Many thanks for your help in anticipation.
If it needed to be certified, that would be stated on the checklist.

Contact with realtors, shipping estimates, a detailed plan of settlement, contact with family/friends confirming your return, start transferring funds, notice at your job.