CPP-O
App. Filed.......
09-04-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear Friends,

I am an IT engineer from India (Punjab). I am working here in Canada on a permanent job for last 1.5 years and with the new changes in CEC class criteria, i believe i will soon be eligible to apply for my PR. The issue as with many of us is Birth Certificate.

I was born in a small town in Punjab 29 years ago. My parents gave me a temporary name at the time of birth and the same was recorded in my Birth certificate as well as in the registers of municipality office.

However, when i was admitted to school, that name was never ever used. So, my situation is - My birth certificate is on a name which i never ever used. All my educational documents starting from my first day at school till now everywhere it is my real name and not the dummy name used in the birth certificate.

Understanding that i will need to submit a birth certificate for PR application, i went to India in the summer and went to the municipality office and explained them the situation. The answer i get is - "It can not be corrected".

I am now working with some agents who may help me in getting this mess corrected, but i haven't yet got a positive response that yes it will be done. So, i wanted to share this with you all to help me with any suggestion or if anyone of you faced similar situation and what you did.

Best Regards.

y3knik

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-07-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
6-08-2012
IELTS Request
03-05-2012
File Transfer...
06-08-2012
Med's Request
28-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
Use your 12th class passing certificate instead of the birth certificate as long as it has your DOB, parents name and place of birth.

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
ITguyIndia said:
Dear Friends,

I am an IT engineer from India (Punjab). I am working here in Canada on a permanent job for last 1.5 years and with the new changes in CEC class criteria, i believe i will soon be eligible to apply for my PR. The issue as with many of us is Birth Certificate.

I was born in a small town in Punjab 29 years ago. My parents gave me a temporary name at the time of birth and the same was recorded in my Birth certificate as well as in the registers of municipality office.

However, when i was admitted to school, that name was never ever used. So, my situation is - My birth certificate is on a name which i never ever used. All my educational documents starting from my first day at school till now everywhere it is my real name and not the dummy name used in the birth certificate.

Understanding that i will need to submit a birth certificate for PR application, i went to India in the summer and went to the municipality office and explained them the situation. The answer i get is - "It can not be corrected".

I am now working with some agents who may help me in getting this mess corrected, but i haven't yet got a positive response that yes it will be done. So, i wanted to share this with you all to help me with any suggestion or if anyone of you faced similar situation and what you did.

Best Regards.

You will need to submt an affidavit...search the forum for the format ..you will find it...so just send in the affidavit in place of the birth certificate and you should be fine.

kevin220

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171, 2173 and 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
Here is what happened with me when I submitted PR application with a birth certificate from consulate.
My PR application was returned with a letter explaining how they will not accept Certificate of Birth issued based on passport and asking me to submit a secondary school certificate with my name, DOB, father's or mother's name or both included in the document. Or an affidavit explaining why I cannot submit a birth certificate.
I resubmitted my application with my school certificate and is now in processing stage. Hope this helps.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Folks,

Here are the 3 docs in question used to evidence Date of Birth (in absence of a Date of Birth Certificate)

- 12th class passing certificate or
- Certificate of Date of Birth (issued by the Consulate) or
- Affidavit evidencing Date of Birth

Do take note that any one of these docs submitted as a standalone will not suffice. The best bet would be to submit all the three to strongly support your case. But making sure that your name reads the same in all the three.

jewelincrown

Aug 5, 2012
ITguyIndia said:
Dear Friends,

Best Regards.
You can use your 10th Std/Secondary School Leaving certificate which has your official name along with date of birth. If any information its not english, it has to be translated into english and notorized for submission, include copy along with notorized translated document.

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
kevin220 said:
Here is what happened with me when I submitted PR application with a birth certificate from consulate.
My PR application was returned with a letter explaining how they will not accept Certificate of Birth issued based on passport and asking me to submit a secondary school certificate with my name, DOB, father's or mother's name or both included in the document. Or an affidavit explaining why I cannot submit a birth certificate.
I resubmitted my application with my school certificate and is now in processing stage. Hope this helps.
Hello sir,
Just saw your earlier post, need your help.
Can you please give me some very urgent info. I am at the last stages of setting my documents.
I have few confusions:
a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.Its a admit card issued from board of secondary education.

Admit card photocopy will be accepted ?

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Andy2109 said:
Folks,

Here are the 3 docs in question used to evidence Date of Birth (in absence of a Date of Birth Certificate)

- 12th class passing certificate or
- Certificate of Date of Birth (issued by the Consulate) or
- Affidavit evidencing Date of Birth

Do take note that any one of these docs submitted as a standalone will not suffice. The best bet would be to submit all the three to strongly support your case. But making sure that your name reads the same in all the three.

I go with Andy. Instead of submitting the birth certificate that has a temporary name go for all three options mentioned by andy2109. CIC want to make sure that the identity is authentic