+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate issue

zombies

Aug 7, 2011
Hey guys I just need some help and advise on an issue which I have with my spouse birth certificate since it was registered late ( but we have the birth certificate). I wanna sponsor my spouse from India and i am in the process of gathering all the documents but when I go through country specific instructions for India their is a note which says if the birth is registered late one should provide original fifth, middle and matriculation certificate plus original voter id . I wanna know if I have to send them originals or should I send notarised copies of the original certificates and voter id. I will really appreciate if u advise me how should I go about with this..

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
zombies said:
Hey guys I just need some help and advise on an issue which I have with my spouse birth certificate since it was registered late ( but we have the birth certificate). I wanna sponsor my spouse from India and i am in the process of gathering all the documents but when I go through country specific instructions for India their is a note which says if the birth is registered late one should provide original fifth, middle and matriculation certificate plus original voter id . I wanna know if I have to send them originals or should I send notarised copies of the original certificates and voter id. I will really appreciate if u advise me how should I go about with this..
I have a birth certificate issue too with my husband's DOB (I'm the sponor). Apparently he has two date of births and while he was living in Canada from 2001 to 2013 (got deported) he only knew of the one and that's what immigration has on his file in Canada. then when he returned to his birth country after all these years he went to get a copy of his birth certificate and that's when he was told and realized of other date which they claim is his actually DOB. So to answer your question I would definetly get his birth certificate notartize especially if there's a issue....not sure if your country specs say "orginial". But in our case we got a JP to write up a declaration as well as getting his birth certifate nortarized (photo copy and stamped by JP ) My husband also wrote a personal letter explaining what happen and also obtained a letter from the Refgistra General Office of Guyana
Hope that helps a bit