+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate for CEC

cla115

Jun 6, 2011
Hi,

I am about to submit my CEC application, but I just noticed that I might need to include my birth certificate. Can you someone confirm with me?

On the document checklist of CEC application, under Identity and Civil status documents, it's stated that a copy of birth certificate is needed. Yet, I am not sure if it is necessary since the copy of my passport should have all the information, like birth place and age, already. If I must include it, I would have to get my birth certificate from Taiwan and have it translated, which will take another few weeks.

Can someone please answer this for me?

Thank you.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Yes... you NEED a copy of your birth certificate.. It's a MUST if not they will return your whole application to you...

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
By the way, i'm gonna apply for CEC next month. how did you prepare the letter of reference ???
Did you include all the required elements in the reference letter ???

thank you so much

cla115

Jun 6, 2011
Hi rpun,

Thank you for such rapid reply. I think I will try to get my birth certificate asap.

About the reference letters, I pretty much ask my supervisors from previous work places to address all the required details in the letters. However, for the jobs without any benefit, I simply don't mention about benefit at all.

Good luck with your application.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
OK sounds good. Are you going to provide any pay stubs to prove your employment too ???

thanks...

cla115

Jun 6, 2011
Hi rpun ,

I am including my T4s from last year. These T4s are also the ones that I got from my 1+year working experience.

About the birth certificate, do you know what information are needed? I am from Taiwan. I have heard that the birth certificates from Taiwan are much different than the Canadian ones.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
All you have to do is photocopy your original birth certificate and translate it to ENGLISH. It quite simple loh.

Every country have a different birth certificate...!!!!! Mine is from Singapore.

Hey just curious, what NOC code are u applying under ???