+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate don't have my name

Eyz

Nov 21, 2013
HI everyone,

Please help!

My birth certificate don't have my name? Pls suggest the options i have.....

Anybody done something against this and was approved by CIC?

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
You cannot prove that it belongs to you. either add your name.

Or Add an affidavit &/OR send secondary school certificate which has you name , DOB & parent/ parents name.

I was on same boat and i believe that would be the reply you get from seniors.(I did sent an affidavit for my birth certificate).

cecott

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Eyz said:
HI everyone,

Please help!

My birth certificate don't have my name? Pls suggest the options i have.....

Anybody done something against this and was approved by CIC?
Pretty much what Aditya mentioned. As long as you have a secondary document that proves your name and DOB along with your Birth Certificate, you will be fine.
Also mention in the covering letter, why your name is not there on your Birth Certificate and that you are attaching additional document for that reason.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecott said:
Pretty much what Aditya mentioned. As long as you have a secondary document that proves your name and DOB along with your Birth Certificate, you will be fine.
Also mention in the covering letter, why your name is not there on your Birth Certificate and that you are attaching additional document for that reason.
I agree with both them...just make sure you send your birth certificate (that you have) as well as another proof. My friend applied with a similar situation and got approved...So dont worry. Besides if you are in no rush and have the resources ...you can get your name added on the birth certificate ( they issue you a new one)..That is what I am doing. :)