+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate and Safe Third Country agreement

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by annie20133, Jun 25, 2019.

  1. My husband is seeking refugee status in Canada under the safe third country ageement exception rule. He fled his home country in 2014 for his life and do not have his birth certificate with him and neither does his younger brother who was accepted for refugee resettlement have one in Canada.

    Is it possible for his younger brother to prepare an affidafit and have it notarized as a confirmation that they are blood brothers?
    How can we resolve this?
  2. hi do you currently have status in Canada?
  3. My husband's younger brother is a canadian citizen.
    They are blood( bilogical brothers)
  4. are you currently in Canada? I mean because you only mention your husband is seeking protection and not you?
  5. No. I am not.
  6. DNA testing.
  7. Can you not send him his birth certificate? He must have a passport which is better than a birth certificate.
  8. Yes. I did already.
  9. Can it be done when he is in Canada?

Share This Page