+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate and parents marriage certificate from india

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
For marriage certificate your parents should apply in marriage registerar office in India. There are certain formalities but can get it which cost in between Rs. 2000-5000 if through some agent. Sometimes affidavit doesn't work and need marriage certificate only. As regarding birth certificate, you can use the same. All the best!
Thanks @geol for your comments. My parents were married in 1960s and the small town they were married has become a corporation now. Those days folks used to get married at bride's residence and it wasn't registered. Do I have to get the cert from the place they got married OR it can be from the location they currently settled.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Thanks @geol for your comments. My parents were married in 1960s and the small town they were married has become a corporation now. Those days folks used to get married at bride's residence and it wasn't registered. Do I have to get the cert from the place they got married OR it can be from the location they currently settled.
They should process at the present location. Certain documents are required which has to be created now. Marriage card, couple photo ( present), any photo at the time of marriage.

Sony14

Oct 11, 2021
Affidavit is good if they don't have marriage certificate.....done same for my parents .... applied in 2016 January...they got their pr in nov 2016....no question asked regarding certificate once affidavit was submitted......send me private message I can send u the format .....make sure they have their pic on it....
Hi Amarpreetd,

Can you please send me the format of Affidavit, if they don’t have marriage certificate.

It would be great help. My Email : luckysony14@gmail.com

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
in my case I don’t have a birth certificate as a sponsor. No issues with marriage certificate of my parents. Can someone please guide me on alternative for sponsor birth certificate. Can I submit LOE that I don’t have a birth certificate as I wasn’t issued one at the place where I was born and instead submit a copy of passport to show linkage to my parents pr get the above explanation on an affidavit. Thanks in advance.

Jan 20, 2022
Hi Aman

Can u please reply to message in your inbox, waiting for your reply ,

Please send me format

Hi Aman,
Actually I also need a help to get the affidavit format for the parents marriage certificate, please guide me and it would be great if you can email me at dikshitamistry1@gmail.com I have everything ready in the documentation of parent's tourist visa but its delaying due to this affidavit. Please help . thanks

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi

I am born in India ,having PR in Canada, selected for lottery ,i don't have birth certificate and my parents don't have marriage certificate, what's best way to get these two certificates or any other acceptable alternative? Like for birth certificate can be use 10th marks certifate which have my date my birth and my parent name on it, and for parents marriage cericate can be use affidavit because they got married in 1978 so there was no marriage certicate like register marriage,

Pls suggest the best way.
Two proof are required in lieu of birth certificate.
Aadhar Card / Voter card of your mom having spouse name( of yours father) & father cards showing same addresses. & Also current Passports of both parents with entry of spouses name on it .

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
in my case I don’t have a birth certificate as a sponsor. No issues with marriage certificate of my parents. Can someone please guide me on alternative for sponsor birth certificate. Can I submit LOE that I don’t have a birth certificate as I wasn’t issued one at the place where I was born and instead submit a copy of passport to show linkage to my parents pr get the above explanation on an affidavit. Thanks in advance.
Affidavit not admissible.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
I have the same problem like yours. What you submitted and what was your outcome?
Please share . Highly appreciate!

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Two proof are required in lieu of birth certificate.
Aadhar Card / Voter card of your mom having spouse name( of yours father) & father cards showing same addresses. & Also current Passports of both parents with entry of spouses name on it .
Was this sufficient in your case in lieu of your birth certificate? When did you submit your application? I have same problem. I will appreciate your prompt reply. TIA

Kalpana Nagan

Jun 4, 2019
Affidavit is good if they don't have marriage certificate.....done same for my parents .... applied in 2016 January...they got their pr in nov 2016....no question asked regarding certificate once affidavit was submitted......send me private message I can send u the format .....make sure they have their pic on it....
Hi Amar, Could you please send the sample to nkalpana5771@gmail.com. Thank you so much.