+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certifcate - Need to provide additional documents - Please help!

raju.can

May 17, 2016
Hello!

I submitted my wife application under family class. Her date of Birth was registered late in the Birth Certificate. So we submitted the photocopy of 10th Standard and voter id along with the birth certificate in the PR application package.

We got the following request today to provide additional documentation in myCIC

Birth registration/certificate: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard). This must be received at this office by: 2017/09/05

Could someone advise,

- We do not have baptism certificate or something similar. What additional documentation could we submit for it? My wife is from India. She has voter id, Aadhar card, Passport, Pan Card, 10th Standard memo, 5th standard memo in native language and 6th to 8th standard study certificate

- Do we need to submit original ? there is a placeholder provided in myCIC to upload document. So I believe, it’s not original. What do they mean by original ?

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Birth registration/certificate: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard). This must be received at this office by: 2017/09/05
Hello, what did you end up sending? And perhaps this a dense question: when they say birth is registered late, do they mean date of birth is different from actual birth date or the "Date of Registration" on the certificate is later than the date of actual birth. Eg: Date of Birth: 01/01/2000 but Date of Registration: 08/01/2000

sugan28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
Hello!

I submitted my wife application under family class. Her date of Birth was registered late in the Birth Certificate. So we submitted the photocopy of 10th Standard and voter id along with the birth certificate in the PR application package.

We got the following request today to provide additional documentation in myCIC

Could someone advise,

- We do not have baptism certificate or something similar. What additional documentation could we submit for it? My wife is from India. She has voter id, Aadhar card, Passport, Pan Card, 10th Standard memo, 5th standard memo in native language and 6th to 8th standard study certificate

- Do we need to submit original ? there is a placeholder provided in myCIC to upload document. So I believe, it’s not original. What do they mean by original ?
Did you send originals? if so how and to which address?
I am also in same situation did not originals ..

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Did you send originals? if so how and to which address?
I am also in same situation did not originals ..
Hello, what did you end up sending? And perhaps this a dense question: when they say birth is registered late, do they mean date of birth is different from actual birth date or the "Date of Registration" on the certificate is later than the date of actual birth. Eg: Date of Birth: 01/01/2000 but Date of Registration: 08/01/2000
Can anyone tell the answer for this? Is this late or not?