+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth cert

Sarvain

Jul 30, 2007
This question is not about migrating, its kinda similar about it. I couldn't find a proper place to ask this question.

One of my friends who is Canadian, she is 17, but the problem is. her parents never got her a birth certificate. sadly her mother had passed away a few years ago, and her father keeps making false promises to help her out getting her the birth cert. She has no idea how to obtain one, her father says its going to cost like $8,000 to do it.

any help will be really greatful!

/Sarvain

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sarvain said:
This question is not about migrating, its kinda similar about it. I couldn't find a proper place to ask this question.

One of my friends who is Canadian, she is 17, but the problem is. her parents never got her a birth certificate. sadly her mother had passed away a few years ago, and her father keeps making false promises to help her out getting her the birth cert. She has no idea how to obtain one, her father says its going to cost like $8,000 to do it.

any help will be really greatful!

/Sarvain
If she was born in Canada, then she applies to the Vital Statistics in the province where she was born. In BC it costs $27.00

PMM

Sarvain

Jul 30, 2007
Apparently she has been to that. and its no good.

cause she isnt registered into the government cause her parents never did it. she had said that the blood cost would be 2,000 her father had not long said.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sarvain said:
Apparently she has been to that. and its no good.

cause she isnt registered into the government cause her parents never did it. she had said that the blood cost would be 2,000 her father had not long said.
If the birth was never registered, pretty unusual, unless it was a home birth. If she can't prove that she was born in Canada, she is pretty well out of luck. If she is not in Canada, she must have had a passport? Without a birth certificate, she never would have gotten a passport in most countries in the world.

PMM

PMM

Sarvain

Jul 30, 2007
Aye she is in canada, she has hospital papers saying she was born in Chilliwack. she said
by some doctor that is now dead though. would that matter if the doctor is dead or not?

Sarvain.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sarvain said:
Aye she is in canada, she has hospital papers saying she was born in Chilliwack. she said
by some doctor that is now dead though. would that matter if the doctor is dead or not?

Sarvain.
Suggest you read this about delayed registration. http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/reg/V/69_82.htm

PMM

Sarvain

Jul 30, 2007
Thanks again PMM, I really appreciate your time. I might have to give her the link to this form to speak for herself, a few things have come up here an I may not be able to reply.