+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biq hong kong

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by blocker, Apr 22, 2011.

  1. Hello friends,

    Just sharing the timeline of my application to BIQ,Hong Kong.

    Received by the BIQ,Hong Kong = 12 August 2011

    Got AOR and the letter with the subject opening of file and requested for updates = 25 October 2011

    sent the current work exp letter= 27 October 2011

  2. Welcome to the waiting queue,
    What is your area of training?

  3. Dear friends,

    The processing time table is updated but they have again shifted India to the list of countries currently not having Interview.

    Check the list:


    good luck
  4. What You Need to Know about the Quebec Skilled Worker Program
    Monday, 31 October 2011 13:48
    The best known Canadian immigration program is the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Most potential immigrants believe that it is the easiest or the only immigration program they may qualify for. Many potential immigrants have never heard of the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, or if they have heard of it, they have some misconceptions about the program.

    “A big misconception is that it is more difficult to qualify under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program than the Federal Skilled Worker Program. It’s simply not true,” says Attorney David Cohen. “Granted, it’s different, but I disagree that it is harder to qualify as a Quebec Skilled Worker. It’s actually getting harder to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program as fewer applications are being accepted. Applicants need to start considering other programs if they want to become Permanent Residents.”

    The following are five important points you need to know Quebec Skilled Worker Program:

    1. You Don’t Need High French Proficiency to Qualify

    The Quebec Skilled Worker Program accepts applicants with varying degrees of French proficiency. Some applicants may qualify with low French proficiency while others may need higher levels of French proficiency to qualify, depending on their other qualifications.

    The Quebec Skilled Worker Program consists of ten selection factors including education, work experience, and language proficiency. Applicants are awarded points in each selection factor. In order be selected by Quebec, a single applicant must score at least 55 points and an applicant with a spouse or common-law partner must score at least 63 points. Therefore, an applicant that scores higher points in education and work experience may meet the pass mark with a lower level of French proficiency for the language factor.

    2. You Don’t Need a University Degree to Get High Points

    The Quebec Skilled Worker Program awards points to applicants with university degrees and college degrees as well as those with technical or vocational diplomas. Even high school level diplomas with technical or vocational components can be awarded high points. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program not only awards points for Education, but also for the Area of Training of your education (Demaine de formation). Area of Training points are awarded to applicants who have obtained a diploma or certificate related to occupations that are in demand in Quebec.

    Many of the degrees or diplomas that are awarded the highest number of points for the Area of Training factor are not in fact university degrees. For example, college level nursing diplomas and high school level butchery certificates are awarded higher points than many other university degrees. For a complete list of Area of Training degrees and diplomas, click here.

    3. Having a Spouse and Children Can Also Get You Points

    The Quebec Skilled Worker Program takes into account both the principal applicant’s qualifications and those of his spouse or common-law partner. This program awards points in five selection factors for the spouse/partner including Education, Area of Training, Work Experience, Age, and French Language Proficiency. Applicants can also obtain points for having children ages 21 and under.

    4. You Don’t Need to Have a Job Offer or Specific Work Experience to Qualify

    Applicants are not required to have a job offer from a Quebec or Canadian employer to qualify nor are they required to have work experience in a specific field to qualify. Accountants, Computer and IT Specialists, Professors and Teachers, Welders, Butchers, and Plumbers may all apply under this program.

    Although a job offer is not required to qualify, it can be beneficial to your application. Applicants can obtain up to ten additional points for having a valid employment offer in Quebec.

    5. If Approved, You Are Given Canadian Permanent Residency

    Quebec is a great place to live, work, and lay down roots in Canada. Quebec is a vibrant multicultural province with more than 45,000 new immigrants arriving each year. Applicants who apply through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program must have the intent to reside in Quebec up until the point of landing. Once approved, applicants are issued a Canadian Permanent Resident visa, the same visa as all other applicants in other immigration programs. Like all Canadian Permanent Residents, you have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada.

    If you want to immigrate to Canada, consider the Quebec Skilled Worker Program and you may be surprised to learn that it’s the right program for you!
  5. @ Quebec 2011 I was going to share the same link that India is no more in the list for current interview sessions. :'(

    However with the post of @STILLHOPE,let's still keep up the hope ;)
  6. Hopefully we are gonna have our Interview in 2012 maybe Feb.

    BTW did you send your french results?

  7. Well am waiting for the result only
  8. My CSQ is going to expire after 4 months but still waiting for MR
  9. Would someone, who got CSQ from India(or applied for CSQ) explain me is it necessary to apply for a Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec (Comparative Evaluation for Studies Done Outside Québec) before applying for CSQ?

    I have done Bachelors in Engineering (Civil, 4 years) from India and need to know is it necessary to get comparative evaluation for your qualification? or i can directly send transcripts/diploma certificates to BIQ, Hong Kong and they themselves compare it with Quebec diplomas and award me 10 points (i think so).

    Also please tell me is it mandatory to get permit/license to practise your profession from regulatory body(who governs the specific profession) before applying for CSQ?

    Thanks for valuable comments!!!
  10. thanks for sharing it!
  11. Hi helloji,
    It seems you are interested in QSW category and belong to INDIA. Would you please help me by replying to my question(reply no. 338)?
    Thanking you.
  12. Hi quebec2011,
    It seems you are interested in QSW category and belong to INDIA. Would you please help me by replying to my question(reply no. 338) on this forum? Which city do you belong to?
    Thanking you.
  13. I am applying from bangalore, I am not only interested to QSW but also I have been waiting for more than 13 months for My interview now.

    Please ask your question or pasted again so that I could help out, coz I couldn't find it.

  14. Let me try to answer this even though I'm from the Philippines. The answer is no. You won't need the Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec unless you are trying to register to an order. Also, It is not mandatory to get a permit/license before you apply for a CSQ but you can start to apply for one even though you are outside Quebec.

    Good luck!
  15. Thanks for your comments!!!
    So can i assume that i should directly send my diploma certificates to BIQ Hong Kong and they will award me points [10 points for undergraduate diploma of 4 years + 6 points for area of training (Section C, Bachelor in Civil engineering of 4 years duration)] ?

    Thanks again,
    Have A Nice Day!!!

Share This Page